Wootickets and sold out recurring events.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Wootickets and sold out recurring events.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan Feeley
    Participant

We use this snippet for sold out event notifications. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-sold-out-notices-in-list-view/

We noticed that on a recurring event even though the tickets are all sold out the notification only displays on the first day. Is it possible to show all the events as sold out?

The link below is an example.
    Thank You.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins.

We do not support recurring events with tickets so I am limited on supporting this.

If you do use recurring events and tickets all the tickets are under the initial event so that is why it only displays the Sold Out Message There.

To get around this you would want to pass the initial event id to the sold out functions so that it grabs the ticket information from that first event.

I do not have much to provide on this, but you maybe to use this function:

wp_get_post_parent_id( $post_ID );

To get the id of the initial recurrence.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Dan Feeley
    Participant

I realize recurring isn’t supported, but it does work well for multi-day events that feed off the same ticket pool.

Thanks for the help, that command did the trick for me.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok great, glad that helps out.

Sorry about being upfront about the recurrence support just trying to make sure that is clear. It is something I would like to see us support in the future though.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Wootickets and sold out recurring events.’ is closed to new replies.