Wootickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Wootickets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leslie
    Participant

Do I need The Events calendar Pro for wootickets to work or can it work with just woocommerce?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Leslie,

Good question. WooCommerce Tickets does not requires Events Calendar PRO to function. Rather, it is an add-on for our free “core” plugin, The Events Calendar. Now they do work really well together. And some features, such as those surrounding PRO’s recurring events will only work if you run PRO and Woo together. But, all Woo’s advertised functionality you see works without PRO unless explicitly stated.

Does that make sense? Do you have any more questions? Cheers!

– Brook

Leslie Sakyi

It makes sense thank you, I am using a theme that allows me to sell tickets using woocommerce the event and listing feature work really well the only problem is the lack of options woocommerce has for selling tickets. All I need is a plugin to add mpre ticket functionality to woocommerce. Does woo tickets work without Events Calendar or can it lay dormant whilst I use woo tickets to sell tickets with its additional functionality.

cheers

Leslie

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Leslie,

You could certainly keep the calendar dormant if you wanted. However, what ticketing features do you need added? Our plugin is focused on ticket sales, not event management. There are some capabilities we have added to make it a better event manager, like the ability to check people in at the door. But, since we have never advertised as an event manager there are definitely still some gaps.We are doing our best to fill those gaps so that one day our ticketing system might be better suited for management as well. But, we still do not collect attendee info. You will not have the names or contact info for the attendees, only the purchased and the amount of tickets they purchased.

So that is why I asked what ticket features you need? I just want to make sure our plugin will satisfy your needs before you purchase it. 🙂

Cheers!

– Brook

Leslie Sakyi

Hey, I need to be able to sell different tickets for the same event at different prices if possible. That the main feature I guess. Customisable tickects and barcode/ QR scanning is also on the list.

So to clarify can I use wootickets without The Events Calendar or the Pro version?

Cheers Leslie

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Leslie,

In that case you could use WooCommerce, WooTickets, and The Events Calendar. You do not need to publicly show The Events Calendar anywhere on your site, rather it can just be the framework underneath WooTickets.

In order to add a ticket, you will add an event with a date/time. Then add tickets to that event. You can add multiple tickets to a single event, and they can be of various prices and quantities. You will need to change a couple of setting in WooTickets to make the tickets visible within WooCommerce’ shop page. But that is quite doable. And you’re all set.

We are adding barcode scanning functionality to our ticket framework. Currently it is in a public beta, but it is note quite released yet as part of the plugin suite. You would need ot contact us about joining the beta if you need that functionality right now. It will likely go from beta to included in the plugins here soon, but it’s not there yet.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has been inactive for a spell we are going to archive it. Please note, if you need anything else or something is not yet resolved please open a new topic. We would love to help!

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Wootickets’ is closed to new replies.