WooTicket Product Category Selection

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTicket Product Category Selection

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Charles
    Participant

Hello,

Due to the limited functionality of Event Calender Pro, our client uses a Mailchimp plug to facilitate communication with event attendees. The plugin relies on the event category to stipulate which mailchimp list the attendee is added to. Currently, the client must create a ticket then go back and edit each ticket as a Woocommerce product in order to change the category. I’d like to know if there is an identifiable solution that would allow the client to assign the category when the ticket is created. Ideally we would need the WooCommerce category form field on the new ticket section.

Thank you for your help

George
    Participant

Hey Charles,

Thanks for reaching out to us. This is an interesting use-case here and I hope we can help make this process a bit easier on you and your team.

One thing I’m curious about is the specific plugin you’re using to connect to MailChimp – what is it? If you found it on the Internet, can you share a link to where you found it? If it’s a premium plugin or something custom-made for your site, or otherwise not publicly available, can you share a download link for us via Dropbox or a site like http://ge.tt? (You can use the “Set as private reply” option on your reply before submitting a download link like that, if you’d like – this option will keep the download link visible to only you and our support team here).

As far as I know, integrating these custom MailChimp relationships will not be possible without some custom coding – we only provided limited support for custom coding, but are happy to take a look here, as there may just be a simple mapping of categories we can do on save_post() or something that gets this working as desired.

— George

Charles
    Participant

Hello George,

Thank you for the reply. We are using WooChimp from RightPress. The URL is provided below. It is a premium plugin so I’ll upload the file shortly. The plugin integrates well with WooCommerce and luckily we don’t need to integrate it with Event Calendar or WooTicket. The plugin allows us to add registered users to specific mailchimp lists based on the products they order. For our use case we are only interested in separating mailchimp lists based on the category of the events purchased (IE events for volunteers vs attendees). Because of this we just simply need to be able to choose the product category on the WooTicket section as opposed to having to go into the woocommerce product editor to change the category from default to what ever we need it to be.

http://codecanyon.net/item/woochimp-woocommerce-mailchimp-integration/6044286

George
    Participant

Hey Charles,

Thanks for elaborating a bit on this.

So basically, what you want to be able to do is to choose an WooCommerce Product Category for an event, from within the event’s editor screen?

This may be outside the scope of what we can do here for support – sharing a zip would indeed be much appreciated since we cannot purchase that plugin for this issue.

We’ll take a look at what’s required for this and see if we can recommend some simple code to enable this feature.

Thank you!
    George

Charles
    Participant

This reply is private.

Charles
    Participant

Yes you are correct. Right there when in the Wooticket box in the “Add Event” section of Event Calendar. I submitted the URL to the plugin. Let me know if you have any issues.

Thank you again for your help

George
    Participant

Hey Charles,

Thanks for the reply and the code. Unfortunately, after looking a bit closely into things the exact coding for all this is quite outside the scope of the support we can provide here on the forums.

I’m really sorry if that’s a disappointment! But don’t fret – the thing you’re trying to do is not that complex, just as far as WordPress-based development is concerned, and basically all you need to do are a few things: first, query WooCommerce Product Categories and use the list of categories you get as a result to add a form field to events meta boxes somewhere – a “Select” form field would work best.

As long as whatever value you select in this form field is something you can access within the $_POST superglobal, then you can just add a hook to save_post() within WordPress that looks for this value within $_POST and saves it where appropriate – either to the event itself, or to a related WooCommerce product or whatever else you need.

I’m sorry this isn’t a fully-coded solution for you, but let us know if this helps you get started on implementing this!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTicket Product Category Selection’ is closed to new replies.