Woocommerce Tickets + Woocommerce Groups (presales question)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Woocommerce Tickets + Woocommerce Groups (presales question)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Hi,

I’ve got a very specific set of requirements for a client site that i’ve been racking my brain over for the last few days to provide a solution for.

The client runs a club that offers paid memberships, once a member you’re able to purchase tickets to individual events that they run.

The solution that *i think* would work reasonably well is as follows:
    – the events calendar: this would be used to list events
    – woocommerce: this would handle the transactions
    – woocommerce groups addon: this would provide the paid membership functionality, e.g. when a user purchases membership they are added to the “Member” user group
    – woocommerce tickets: this would allow the site to sell the events through the events calendar

What i’m not convinced of is that I would be able to restrict sales to particular tickets to only logged in members using the groups plugin. I am concerned with regards to compatibility and I would be hugely grateful if anyone has any feedback on doing something similar. I’m very open to suggestions if you believe there is a better solution out there.

I had looked into using Eventbrite to handle all transactions as this has the potential to be a much cleaner and more secure solution however we run into issues where we need to restrict access to to only members. A password protected event is not secure enough and the events would need to be listed on the site (as the events calendar plugin displays them) along with a link to purchase tickets – this isn’t something that i’m aware you can do (as well as restrict access to them).

Apologies if any of what i’ve gone through above doesn’t make sense.

Please let me know if I need to elaborate on any of the points.

Thanks,
    Matt

Barry

Hi!

Great question. The nub of it seems to be summed up here:

What i’m not convinced of is that I would be able to restrict sales to particular tickets to only logged in members using the groups plugin.

I don’t see why not – but I’d have to emphasize that this wouldn’t simply happen “out of the box” just by combining the plugins you mentioned. Selectively displaying/hiding the ticket form and adding further checks to catch orders before they are processed (for completeness) shouldn’t be too difficult – but would require familiarity with WP development in general (and would be beyond what we could help you with on the support forums).

Regarding Eventbrite, I think you’ve hit the nail on the head and I can’t think of any ways to really lock things down to a subset of users with that approach, though an investigation of the Eventbrite API might yield some more answers on that one.

I hope that helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce Tickets + Woocommerce Groups (presales question)’ is closed to new replies.