WooCommerce Tickets plugin issue

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions WooCommerce Tickets plugin issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Debora
    Participant

Hi,
    I am working on a website that someone else built (using their own custom theme – very basic), trying to add ticket functionality to the Event Calendar. I went with WooCommerce Tickets but it was causing the white screen of death (although the general WooCommerce plugin is ok). I deactivated it and am now stuck wondering WHICH (if any) of the ticket options could work? I don’t want to go about buying plugins blindly, but I also realize it might impossible to really know without an installation.

Any thoughts or ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

Barry

Hi Debora,

I’m sorry to hear that WooCommerce Tickets hasn’t worked out so far.

Before exploring other options, would you like our help in trying to diagnose why WooCommerce Tickets is failing?

I’d love to know exactly when this white screen of death is occurring – does it only take place on a certain page? Does it happen as soon as you activate the plugin?

Enabling WP_DEBUG could be a great starting point. The essence of this is to add the following line to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

Then, with WooCommerce Tickets activated, try to trigger the fatal error/white screen of death: instead of merely seeing a blank screen, you should receive an actual error message – if you could copy and paste that in here that would be terrific (and of course go ahead and deactivate WooCommerce Tickets again until we can assess and reply).

If you’d rather simply look at other ticketing options we can do that to, but it would be a shame not to try and figure out the cause of this issue first.

Debora
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!

Okay, here’s where we stand.
    1. I double checked and the white screen is definitely related to the Woo Tickets plugin. Only comes up when I activate that plugin.

2. I took your advice, added the debug code: define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true ); to wp-config. Then I reactivated Wootickets.

3. NOW the site is coming up as normal! However it does give me an error message on SOME (not all) of the pages:
    Notice: Use of undefined constant full – assumed ‘full’ in /home/wcpp/public_html/wp-content/themes/wcpp/page.php on line 8

I checked page.php and line 8 says the following:
    $bg_info = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id(), full );

This message only appears on the following pages:
    How it works, Parties & pricing, Events, About us
    (homepage, calendar, and summer events have no error message)

…So that’s where we stand. What do you think?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Debora.
    Debora
    Participant

CORRECTION

I just refreshed the site after my last forum post to you and things have decline.

Now the whole site comes up with a white screen plus an error message:
    Fatal error: Internal Zend error – Missing class information for in /home/wcpp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-base.php on line 5

Line 5 says the following:
    if (!class_exists(‘CacheMeta’)) {
    class CacheMeta {
    var $dynamic = false;
    var $headers = array();
    var $uri = ”;
    var $post = 0;
    }

Thoughts?

Debora

Debora
    Participant

Please note, for the time being I have deactivated WooTickets so that the website can stay up.

Debora

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Debora.
    Barry

Hi – thanks for testing!

The first error you reported is a minor mistake in the theme’s code: the word full should be in single or double quotes. However, it’s not really critical (it’s a “notice-level” error, informing you that it probably ought to be addressed but won’t normally cause the roof to fall in).

I suspect the second error – the internal Zend error – is the critical problem here. I’m not sure why that would only occur with WooCommerce Tickets activated, but I’d like to revisit if when troubleshooting you tried deactivating earlier on: were you able to disable your caching plugin?

If you did not, could you give that a try? Do note that it is sometimes the case that deactivating a caching plugin will not by itself actually clear up various files and rules that they add, so following the plugin author’s instructions on doing so (ie, on completely removing it) could be worthwhile here.

Barry

…Just to add, in case you prefer not to take this forward on your live site, an alternative would be to create a test site, which can be as simple as a sub-directory installation of WordPress (something many hosts make really easy via CPanel and its one click installers, or equivalent).

Then start by adding just our plugins and see if there’s a problem. If there isn’t start building up by adding all of the same plugins and ultimately the same theme as on your live site, testing at each point to see if there’s a problem.

That way you could troubleshoot without impacting the live site.

Debora
    Participant

Thanks again for your help.

So I disabled WP Super Cache, which seems to be allowing WooTickets to work correctly. That’s wonderful!

So now I have quick remaining questions:
    1. is there a way to bring back my super cache? Is it a big deal if I don’t keep it activated?
    2. The Calendar and all sub pages attached to it seem to load somewhat slowly. Any suggestions?
    3. I created a test event to try out the ticketing. So far so good! However, I would like to add a CHECKOUT button, either replacing or next to ADD TO CART. How can I do this?

Thank you again for all your help
    Debora

Barry

is there a way to bring back my super cache? Is it a big deal if I don’t keep it activated?

Caching is a complex subject and something like WP Super Cache supports a wide range of options.

Based on the lack of other similar reports I tend to think this issue is specific to your hosting environment and the particular caching configuration you had set up rather than being a general incompatibility issue, though I can’t be certain.

It isn’t necessarily a big deal to leave this deactivated, but of course if your site depends on caching for performance reasons it may be wise to experiment with getting it up and running safely (or using a different caching solution).

The Calendar and all sub pages attached to it seem to load somewhat slowly. Any suggestions?

That might be a consequence of disabling caching. Please do try enabling month view caching via Events → Settings → Display, though, and see if that helps.

I created a test event to try out the ticketing. So far so good! However, I would like to add a CHECKOUT button, either replacing or next to ADD TO CART. How can I do this?

All sorts of customizations are possible. Please read through our Themer’s Guide in the first instance and if you still need help let us know in a fresh support topic (we try hard to stick to one issue, question or problem per topic).

Do bear in mind that quite how far we can support customization work is typically pretty limited, but we can certainly do our best to guide you through basic setup questions 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce Tickets plugin issue’ is closed to new replies.