WooCommerce Tickets not functioning

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooCommerce Tickets not functioning

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Thibodaux
    Participant

I recently installed The Events Calendar free plugin and purchased the Tickets for WooCommerce add-on. The calendar is working just fine, but when I click on the “add new ticket” button on the event edit screen, nothing happens. We are running WordPress 4.2.3 with the Stack child theme (http://themeforest.net/item/stack-responsive-multipurpose-theme/5006452) and WooCommerce 2.3.13 on a local server. I have deactivated plugins and switched to Twenty Fourteen theme, and I have narrowed it down to a theme conflict. The theme has it’s own event calendar function built in, so I’m assuming that’s where the conflict is occurring. Is this something that your team could assist me with?

George
    Participant

Hey Cristina!

Thank you for reaching out to us (and for trying our plugins, of course!)

Unfortunately, what you wrote here leaves us in an odd place:

I have deactivated plugins and switched to Twenty Fourteen theme, and I have narrowed it down to a theme conflict. The theme has it’s own event calendar function built in, so I’m assuming that’s where the conflict is occurring. Is this something that your team could assist me with?

There generally is not much we can do if the conflict is coming from a third-party theme or plugin.

I’m really sorry to share that news! One last bit of hope here though is that if you can somehow get your site up live on a server so we can check out your issue in person, we can take some time with our debugging tools and try to figure out exactly what’s going on here.

Sometimes, there’s just a simple little change we can recommend or encourage your theme developer to make that solves the issue. More often, we can at least figure out what the problem is on a code level and give you information to bring to the theme developer, where they can then do what they’d like with that info.

No worries if you’re unable to put the site live at this time – just an idea, because it would let us at least try to help here and I’d love to do that instead of just telling you we can’t help! 🙂

Let us know what you can do – I’m sorry you’ve run into these issues and haven’t had the smoothest experience with our plugins so far, but hopefully we can help here somehow.

Thanks,
    George

Lisa Thibodaux
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, George! I figured that may be the case, but any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! We have the site on a staging server now – the live address is http://staging.think-brew.com. Please let me know if you’re able to uncover anything else with your debugging tools! Much appreciated!!!

George
    Participant

Hey Cristina,

I took a look at the site but, unfortunately, wasn’t able to glean anything useful here 🙁 I wasn’t expecting to be able to learn much regardless, since the problem is happening in your admin mostly, but unfortunately it does seem like there’s an impassable conflict with your theme.

I’m really sorry to have to bear that bad news – before closing this ticket up, can you send a .zip of your theme and child theme to us here? You can upload them as .zips to http://ge.tt, then share a download link in a reply if possible – be sure to check “Set as Private Reply” before submitting though, so that only you and us have the download link so that we’re not spreading that premium code around 🙂

I will make some time to try out the theme directly and see if I can spot the exact conflict. Again, I really don’t want to get your hopes up – no promises about being able to find the problem, or about having a fix for it if so. But you never know, and I’m willing to look!

Thanks a ton for your continued patience here!

— George

Lisa Thibodaux
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey Cristina,

No problem, thank you for being cool here and patient with us, even despite us not being able to do much direct help here 🙁

I really appreciate that and appreciate the themes, too. I took a look at things with them active, and though I’m not sure what the source of the problem is, I found the exact Bug that is prevent our plugin from working.

It’s a JavaScript bug coming from the theme’s Datepicker script – definitely something you could pass along to the theme developers. The full error is:

TypeError: data[option] is not a function

And is allegedly coming from this file at line 343, column 35:

aaf-theme/base/assets/js/bootstrap-datepicker.js?ver=1.3.1

I hope you can bring this to theme devs and that a fix ends up working out. Really sorry about your frustrations thus far, please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with here!

Thank you,
    George

Lisa Thibodaux
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Cristina, thanks so much for the kind words! 🙂 I wish we could help with the code directly, but alas, it’s beyond our reach…

If you end up buying a premium license in the future, that’s plenty awesome and no need to worry about additional donations or anything 😀 It’s flattering that that’s even on your mind, and means a lot to us.

You’re awesome and your patience with this issue is much appreciated. I’ll close up this particular form thread for now to keep things organized, but if you hear back from your theme developer, or have any other questions / comments / concerns, don’t hesitate to open a new thread at any time! If it’s related to this thread, just include a link back to this thread for reference and we can pick up the conversation from there.

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce Tickets not functioning’ is closed to new replies.