Woocommerce Tickets – Forms with Tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Woocommerce Tickets – Forms with Tickets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Glen
    Participant

Hey guys!

I’m wanting to buy the above plugin. Just wanted to make sure it has the capability of having different forms associated with each event ticket.

For instance: we need people to fill out quite a detailed form when buying tickets for a Youth Camp. But then a different form for a Women’s Retreat. And buying tickets for a regular event, the woo-commerce checkout details should cover what is needed.

And then also the details filled out in each form needs to be associated with each ticket in the backend database so that the details can easily be exported…

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help πŸ™‚ It’s very much appreciated!!!

George
    Participant

Hey Glen,

It sounds like what you mean is that you want to have the “default” WooCommerce checkout form just handle all the “normal” events – in other words, the standard checkout form with Name, Email, Address, then of course payment information.

But then, for some types of events, you can selectively enable a different checkout form for them – so, for your Youth Camp example, all other events use the normal checkout form but then that event uses a form with extra fields that are required before proceeding in the checkout process.

Does this sound like what you’re looking for here?

If so, then yes this is all possible, but no The Events Calendar and its ticketing add-ons do NOT enable this out-of-the-box at all. There are several different ways of going about adding custom forms like this on a per-event basis, but it’s not some any of our Tribe plugins would enable πŸ™

Thanks,
    George

Glen
    Participant

Hey George,

Thanks so much for your quick response.

That does sound like what I’m after. Are you able to point me in the right direction of how I could get this to work?

Or another thought would be a separate form attached to (for example) youth camp tickets before the checkout process.. kind of like this extension: http://www.woothemes.com/products/gravity-forms-add-ons/
    Do you think that add on would work?

Thanks again for your help πŸ™‚

George
    Participant

Hey Glen,

I’m glad to know that that is what you’re after. I unfortunately don’t have much good news about this, however, as there are really only three options for proceeding from here:

1. Custom code – the per-ticket form feature you describe is not supported by default and could be pulled of with some extensive custom coding, but “extensive” is very appropriate here, because you wouldn’t just need to add the HTML on the front-end for the form but also need to ensure that the data is collected correctly, without messing up other forms or other data, etc. It is far enough outside the scope of our support forums that we really can’t help with the code-level aspect of the customization πŸ™ I’m sorry to disappoint on that!

2. Add-ons like you mentioned – I do not personally know if the add-on you linked to would work as intended, but it does say it works with WooCommerce products generically. That’s a good sign, and the rule of thumb with whether WooCommerce add-ons like this will work for you is as follows:

• a) our “Tickets” are actually just WooCommerce “Products” post types.
    • b) therefore, any add-on that works with WooCommerce’s “Products” post type should, in theory, work fine with our “Tickets” add-ons.
    • c) however, idiosyncrasies and conflicts can arise.
    • d) BUT WooCommerce has a great 30-day refund policy, so if you try out a WooCommerce extension like that but it doesn’t work, then you can simply get a 100% refund within 30 days of purchase. We have a similar policy.
    • e) so, the only way to truly know if the add-ons will work is to try them out, and then seek a refund immediately if they do not work.

3. Hiring a Professional – you could hire someone to build out a custom solution for you. We have a list of frequently-well-reviewed (but not affiliated with Tribe!) developers for hire here, if you’re curious β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/find-a-customizer

I hope this information is helpful – and not too disappointing!

Cheers,
    George

Glen
    Participant

Hey George,

Again, thanks so much for your help. It’s not too disappointing at all. I’m sure we’ll be able to figure something out with what you have outlined here!

Thanks again πŸ™‚

George
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words Glen! I’ll close up this thread for now but if you have any other questions or concerns, open a new thread any time πŸ™‚

β€” George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce Tickets – Forms with Tickets’ is closed to new replies.