WooCommerce Tickets and Dynamic Pricing Plugin

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions WooCommerce Tickets and Dynamic Pricing Plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Good Afternoon.

Can WooCommerce Tickets be used in conjunction with the Dynamic Pricing plugin from WooCommerce?

If so, would this allow you to create differing price structures? And to go one step further, would (in theory) work with logged in/out users?

Thanks for your time

Kindest Regards,

Ian

Barry

Hi Ian,

Thanks for considering our plugins 🙂

Almost all WooCommerce plugins are compatible, but there is a caveat: if they rely on making changes to individual product pages then, simply because – by default – ticket product pages are inaccessible (since ticket products are instead listed within single event pages), it may not take effect.

However, we do have various ways of working around issues like these such as a simple customization to let visitors progress to the actual WooCommerce-generated product page.

All that to say, it really depends on how the third-party plugin – Dynamic Pricing in this case – behaves, but usually integration is possible and often requires only the simplest of customizations to make it so 🙂

I hope that helps!

Ian

Thanks Barry,

Would that assistance come at a cost or would you help work with us to get the desired result?

I know with Dynamic Prices, you can set the product to have 2 different prices based on the role (so works when logged in/out)

Not sure if that helps with the above and trying to get a ticket to have different prices depending whether logged in or not

Kind regards,

Ian

Barry

Hi Ian,

Our support for integration with third party plugins like this is admittedly limited – but we always do our best to point users in the right direction and, generally speaking, if we can put together a snippet that will help you and others with a common problem we’re happy to do so (we just can’t offer guarantees on the front).

I know with Dynamic Prices, you can set the product to have 2 different prices based on the role (so works when logged in/out)

Again it’s difficult to provide a precise answer – I’m not familiar with Dynamic Prices – but what I can say is that we make good use of the WooCommerce API (we don’t for instance store the ticket cost separately – we let WooCommerce handle that).

So, as long as this other plugin also makes use of standard WooCommerce hooks – such as woocommerce_get_regular_price – when adjusting the price, everything should “just work”.

Why not reach out to the author of Dynamic Prices and ask just that? Feel free to link them to this topic if it helps to provide context 🙂

Ian

Thanks Barry

Having checked with the developer for Dynamic Prices, they inform me woocommerce_get_regular_price isn’t used

Is there anything else you can think of?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Barry

Hi Ian,

Only that if the dynamic price is somehow set up and shown to customers within the standard WooCommerce single product page, we have a well established snippet of code that lets ticketing customers access this (and so benefit from any customizations targeting that page).

Perhaps that would help here?

Ian

Hi Barry,

Actually, they’ve come back to me again and said:

I was a bit too fast and not detailed enough.
    Luckily Lucas (who is the plugin author) did notice in time and provided with me correct information.
    The filter you requested does get fired and used by the plugin. It just relies on the product get_price which then triggers this filter from the core of WooCommerce.
    So the answer is yes. The filter is used by the extension.

With that in mind, does this mean ‘in theory’ that this should then work?

Apologies for the back and fourth but it’s imperative we get this right!

Barry

In theory, yes 🙂 … but given this is an imperative aspect of your project I do wish to emphasize that we cannot offer any guarantees here – sometimes further tweaks are required when integrating two plugins by different vendors.

We make good use of the WooCommerce API for this sort of reason and presumably/hopefully this other plugin does, too, so they ought to mesh: but just be aware there could be some detail work to resolve 🙂

Thanks!

Ian

Thanks again Barry. Out of absolute interest, if it doesn’t work, do you offer a refund?

Barry

It’s certainly possible to request a refund – we’re happy to consider each request on a case by case basis 🙂

Simon Groves
    Participant

Hi Barry,

We’ve gone ahead and purchased the plugin (which is pretty neat!).

We created our test event, edited the 2 tickets using the edit in WooCommerce option.

Using the dynamic pricing plugin, we applied a role type against each ticket type (logged in vs logged out).

Unfortunately, both tickets are displayed on the screen 🙁

I wonder if we need to add a function or we’ve missed something? Are you able to assist in any way?

Many thanks

Barry

Hi Simon,

I’m afraid we don’t deliver technical support here in pre-sales: as you have a license, can I ask you to post your question in the WooCommerce Tickets forum instead?

Thanks!

Simon Groves
    Participant

Thanks Barry, I’ve posted over in the other forum.

My apologies

Barry

No problem 🙂

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce Tickets and Dynamic Pricing Plugin’ is closed to new replies.