WooCommerce Discount Appears only after Refreshing Cart

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooCommerce Discount Appears only after Refreshing Cart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

Hello,

I just purchased the Event Tickets Plus plugin and I’m having an issue with regards to applying discounted pricing. I’m using the WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts plugin http://www.rightpress.net/woocommerce-dynamic-pricing-and-discounts to apply some discounts to the ticket prices which at first seemed to not be working at all. However, I soon found out that the discounts were applying to the ticket prices in the cart but only after I either refreshed the cart page or by changing the quantity and clicking the “Update cart” button.

I noticed the default behavior of the “Add to Cart” button for events is to redirect to the Cart page whether or not WooCommerce is configured to do so. Regular non-ticket type WooCommerce products work fine. When they are added to the cart, the discounted price is automatically shown and does not require the Cart page to be refreshed or the quantity updated.

If event tickets are actually WooCommerce products then shouldn’t the discounts be applied to them the same as other WooCommerce non-ticket products? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Jason
    Participant

Just to follow up, I tried using a different WooCommerce discount module and had the same result which tells me that the issue must have something to do with Event Tickets Plus.

Like my original issue, I setup a discount rule and applied it to all my products, including ticket products. When I add a ticket to the cart, the discount is NOT applied until I refresh the cart page. At that point, the original price is crossed out and the discounted price appears as expected.

My event has multiple tickets associated with it (Child, Adult and Senior) and I noticed that if I add at least two different tickets to the cart, one of them will automatically have the discount applied and one will not. When I refresh the cart, both tickets now show the discount.

Like before, adding a normal, non-ticket WooCommerce product to the cart shows the discounts automatically without any refresh or update. It is only ticket products that have the issue.

Is there something unique about the Event Tickets Plus add to cart method that may be causing these discounts to not be applied until after the cart has been refreshed or updated?

Jason
    Participant

Anyone have an idea how I can make this work?

Cliff

Hi, Jason.

We don’t guarantee compatibility with WooCommerce extensions (per this), but my guess is something with the priority of the action hook(s).

I’d suggest asking their support. Feel free to give them a copy of our Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus plugin .zip files if they’re willing to help here.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce Discount Appears only after Refreshing Cart’ is closed to new replies.