Woo Commerce

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Woo Commerce

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    VirtualBartek

Hi,

We closed the last ticket so forgive me for opening another one here. As recommended, I’m running Woo Commerce now and am using the Core Events Calendar to see if indeed it works with Divi for me. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it up and running with Woo Commerce. Would you mind helping?

Regards,
    VB

VirtualBartek

If I’m not mistaken, Event Tickets Plus would need to be purchased for this to work? I can’t see the logic behind purchasing an event plugin that doesn’t allow you to purchase ‘tickets.’ Then I see that your website says:

Please note that at this time, Event Tickets Plus will NOT support tickets for recurring events. Please keep this in mind before making your purchase.

That means that after spending almost $180…yearly, I would need to enter every single event manually with no recurring functionality? Come on guys, I must be missing something. Please help me out here. That is really super expensive. I can’t see spending almost $100 if I can’t get recurring events and tickets. At $180 it’s a dealbreaker for me even if recurring works. The coffee guys I don’t want to mention by name end up cheaper then that and have the functionality (they are giving me the plugin at half price which is their renewal price). Your’s looks much nicer and seems more streamlined. Seriously, help me understand cause I’m writing too much for a lack of a way to express my confusion πŸ™‚

Thanks,
    VB

VirtualBartek

One other question. How can I integrate with Google Calendar? Either push or pull would be great. I can’t imagine it could pull since it wouldn’t be able to create posts (events) from a GCal entry…but if my events could get pushed back to GCal then it would at least save me some time in blocking those times out for my tutoring service availability calendar. Hope I’m not too annoying yet πŸ™‚ Actually, I’m just frustrated with trying so many different things to get what seems like a pretty straight forward thing to work. I sell classes but can’t find a plugin to do it. Weird. I was hoping this was it πŸ™‚

VirtualBartek

…or with any kind of import, being Calendar or spreadsheet… Also, do I need the shortcode plugin to get shortcodes? I need it to link from a pricing table.

Guys, I’d love to buy something today as it’s the last part of my site development before making it live.

Cheers for the help.

Josh
    Participant

Hey VirtualBartek,

I apologize for any confusion in regards to our plugin.

Our core Events Calendar plugin as well as Events Calendar Pro doesn’t have any sort of ticket or ecommerce associated with it. This works well for the majority of our user base that desires to have a general event calendar with not tickets associated with it.

If you would like to sell tickets, we do have the Free Event Tickets plugin that will allow you to create an RSVP type of system for events as well as Event Tickets Plus that will allow you to integrate with WooCommerce for selling tickets to your events.

I can understand some feelings of frustration for needing these different plugins for something you feel should be built-in. However,Β this approach prevents the majority of our user base that doesn’t require certain functionality from having to pay for features they aren’t going to use.

Additionally, we do have the ability to pull events from an iCal feed using our iCal Importer plugin. This will allow you to schedule regular imports from that feed which will work with regular Google Calendar iCal feeds.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

VirtualBartek

Thanks for the reply Josh.

So you’re telling me I need to buy Events Calendar Pro, Event Tickets Plus, and the iCal importer for a grand total of $229 just to get a simple list view of a couple recurring events that I can sell tickets for?

Actually, I’m still a bit lost regarding the recurring events. Calendar Pro says it does that, but Event Tickets Plus says it doesn’t support it. Is that right? If so, I should actually be getting Tickets Plus to be used in conjunction with the Core Event Tickets and then get the iCal importer so I can do the recurring events on the Google side of things? I’m not sure Google Calendar even supports iCal natively meaning I would need to use another service or my desktop to make it work…but I need to look into that. Is that the best option?

Man, I really want to do this but I’m a part time English tutor/full time student..the events thing is for group conversation classes and is just an experiment…this is a hefty price tag for me. Do you have any discounts that could help me out? You can say no here and send it by email so nobody else sees it? lol πŸ™‚ Doesn’t hurt to ask, right?

Thanks again,
    VB

Josh
    Participant

Hey VB,

The recurring events doesn’t work with tickets in the sense that the tickets wouldn’t be able to be sold and managed on a per instance basis. The tickets and inventory would apply to the entire recurring series. For some, this is actually ideal when managing courses.

Also, the iCal Importer wouldn’t be a solution for the recurring here. However, Google Calendar does have an option for an ical feed which you can find on the calendar setting page. From there, you can take that link and use it to import into your site using the iCal plugin.

Unfortunately, we don’t have any coupon codes at this time. If you’re interested, you can sign up for our newsletter in the form at the bottom of this page to be notified of any coupons or promotions that we do run.

Thanks!

VirtualBartek

Why wouldn’t Google Calendar be a solution if I can import events in? It’s very easy to copy and move stuff around in Google Calendar. If everything can easily be imported then where would the problem be? Can you help me understand your iCal plugin in this case? I’ll get tickets pro but don’t really want to also get Calendar Pro when iCal imports would be much more useful and I can set up recurrence there. Basically, I’m willing to get one premium plugin from you guys but not numerous ones just to get some basic functions up and running.

Let me clarify that I’m not selling traditional classes. One thing I want to do is sell themed conversation classes online. There would be a base of levels and topics and whatnot that repeat. How, I don’t know yet, but they wouldn’t be the same every week or even every month so that if a student was free say, every Saturday, they wouldn’t be encountering the same topic constantly. So that said, straight up recurrence as in Tickets Pro likely wouldn’t help me anyway. Using the WP backend to set this up would be tedious unless I could very easily copy and paste and quick edit dates. Using Google Calendar with it’s graphical interface would help a lot.

With all that in mind, with the iCal plugin, would I be able to have this automatically synched as described? If not, would I need to manually import the .ics? If so, how would the Events Calendar treat events that already exist? Would it make duplicates or realize that they’re the same event?

I would be happy using Tickets with RSVP but I can’t get rid of the FREE badge or redirect the page to a woo commerce page after submitting the RSVP, which frankly sucks. However, most non native English language speakers will not know what RSVP means anyway so this method is confusing (as tested by my wife). Is the Tickets Pro implemented any better than the RSVP functionality which is just attached at the bottom of the page with a ticket counter? Also, is it possible to turn off the possibility of buying more than 1 ticket for any 1 event? Students won’t be doing that (although hopefully will be adding multiple different classes) and it’s an extra layer of confusion for non English speakers, once again.

Sorry for all the questions but honestly it’s a lot to spend for me and need to make sure it will work for me. Just cause it’s popular doesn’t mean that that will automatically be the case. Plus I’ve been burnt in the past with plugins that promise one thing but end up not working the way I need just to be told that I misunderstood their functionality. What such plugins can and can’t do is often rather ambiguous.

Josh
    Participant

Hey VB,

Sorry for the confusion there, I meant that iCal Importer wouldn’t be a solution for the recurring events with tickets issues here. Also, with iCal, recurring events get converted to single instances of events rather than all being associated with the same recurrence.

Also, like you’ve mentioned, recurring events may not be a good fit for the situation you’re describing. For these, all the information would need to be identical. If not, you would need to break the events out of the recurrence anyway to add the custom details. To help with creating though, you could use a post duplicatorΒ to quickly create a new event draft based on an existing event.

There is ability to remove the “Free” label as well as rename the “RSVP” label within the free plugin but would require some customization. However, there isn’t an ability to quickly integrate with WooCommerce via that plugin.

Overall though, the best advice I can give here would be to give the plugins a try to see if they work for you. We happily offer refunds for any reason within 30 days of purchase. If you try them and they don’t work for you, we’d be happy to refund your purchases.

Thanks!

Bartek
    Participant

OK, thanks. Yeah, I bought tickets pro and will give it a go, and will consider iCal the next time a discount comes around.

πŸ™‚

Bartek
    Participant

That said, I haven’t seen any of your newsletters since signing up. I’ve signed up 3 times hoping to see a discount…lol. Just signed up again.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Bartek,

Sounds good!

We usually ship out newsletters around release times as well as other times throughout the year. We don’t necessarily have a set schedule for when we send out newsletters though.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Woo Commerce’ is closed to new replies.