Woo Bundled Products / WooTickets Redux (2015 Version)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Woo Bundled Products / WooTickets Redux (2015 Version)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smalldogcreative
    Participant

Trying to get a reality check on the status of two closed topics pertaining to this matter (http://bit.ly/1ODgYfM by @spotstudio and http://bit.ly/1IjJflZ by @orgspring).

I’ve tried @spotstudio’s configuration of ECP(+Pro), Bundled Products, and WooTickets however, I receive this error: http://bit.ly/1VFoXxx

We’ve learned a couple of interesting things during the testing process. If you create an event and enter a theoretically unique SKU, even if the SKU exists in WooCommerce, the event can be created, and two identical SKU’s will exist in WooCommerce. However, if you attempt to create a product in WooCommerce and the SKU already exists from a product created via WooTickets, the product cannot be added (expected behavior).

We’ve attempted to create both a bundled product, and a grouped product, to sell a ticket with say, a t-shirt or an accompanying workshop book. Neither will allow this, both produce the aforementioned error (http://bit.ly/1VFoXxx)

Would Team TEC please respond on the official status of this functionality?

Here is the desired functionality (including some feature requests):

1) Create Event

2) Enter SKU for Ticket, dynamic search conducted for existing WooCommerce product as entered.

2a) If SKU is new (does not already exist), new ticket (product) is created in WooCommerce (current functionality).

2b) If SKU exists, allows addition of that product to event. This eliminates duplicate products (and data entry), and allows one product to be sold across multiple events, rather than the current multiple duplicate products having to be created and managed.

3) Allows entry of Bundled or Grouped Product by SKU, so that multiple classes, class and product, or any other real-world application can be applied.

4) And THE HOLY GRAIL – the ability to schedule 1 or more pre-event reminders. I’m not sure how ANY Events Management solution can be marketed and sold without the ability to remind registrants of the event, from both a service courtesy and a marketing opportunity perspective. In fact, I am going to open another forum topic about this right now.

@spotstudio
    – sure would like to hear from you on any tweaks you performed to get this to work. Please feel free to contact me here.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It the core of this topic, it sounds like you would like the ability to add products to an Event rather than just creating ticket products from within an event? In this scenario it sounds like you would like to create an event then search for a product such as a t-shirt via the SKU and add that to the event along with the ticket for the event? I’m guessing the bundling is then used to allow visitors the ability to purchase the ticket and t-shirt in a single product transaction?

Unfortunately this isn’t something that is currently available within our plugin. You could potentially accomplish what you’re looking for with some custom development, however something of that complexity would be beyond the scope of what we’re able to provide in our support forums. If you would like, you can also vote for this type of feature on our UserVoice page for consideration in future development.

One thing to note, we do have a roadmap for our ticketing system that does include the ability to add additional information to tickets, so adding t-shirt information would be available in the future, however it wouldn’t be a separate product as described. Not sure if that would help in this case or not but did want to point that out.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Woo Bundled Products / WooTickets Redux (2015 Version)’ is closed to new replies.