Wondering about the same strings turning up in multiple translation environments

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Wondering about the same strings turning up in multiple translation environments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

Hi guys,

Many, many strings are returning twice, three times or even more in the different glotpress environments for the different plugins.

For instance, the following one is returning twice, and many like it:

The Events Calendar PRO is a paid Add-On to our open source WordPress plugin %1$sThe Events Calendar%2$s. PRO offers a whole host of calendar features including recurring events, custom event attributes, saved venues and organizers, venue pages, advanced event admin and lots more.

Is there any reason behind this? It’s hard to make sure that the translations between the plugins is the same. I’d want to synchronize them, but am wondering if 1) these translations can be reduced to only one string in total or 2) if an overview can be delivered of all duplicate strings with different translations…

This would help getting all translations alligned across the different plugins

Nico

Hi Hans,

Glad to help you on this one as well! We have a known-issue with our translation not being in sync with the plugin code at the moment. We are actively working to solve this!

Just to be sure, you mean you see the same translation string twice for the same plugin translation file or that you see a string crop up in different plugin translation files.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Pleas refer to https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/translation-strings-doubled-on-et-tec/
    This is the issue I’m pointing at, so I mean the strings between different plugin translation files!

Nico

Thanks for pointing it out Hans, looks like Andras is helping you guys with it! Will talk to him about this tomorrow (in our weekly meeting) πŸ™‚

I think it will be better if we close this issue out and you continue the conversation with Brian and Andras in the other thread. It’s clearly the same issue and Andress semms to be on top of it.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Barbara
    Participant

Nico,

Yeah, that sounds fair, I will await reply in the other thread πŸ™‚

Nico

Thanks Hans! I’ve already been in contact with Andras to help him out on it as well πŸ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Wondering about the same strings turning up in multiple translation environments’ is closed to new replies.