WMPL Recurring Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WMPL Recurring Event

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    marketfresh
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m unable to successfully translate a recurring event. These are the steps I’m taking to try to get it to work:

• Click the “+” icon under “Translate”.
    • Click “Overwrite with English Content”.
    • Click “Translate Independently”.
    • Fill Out Spanish Event Info.
    • Click “Update”.
    • Go to the “Plugins” page.

At this point, the translated recurring event only shows on the start day and the end day with no events inbetween.
    When I do the following:

• Deactivate and reactivate “WPML Multiligual CMS” Plugin.

The Spanish translated event shows up as a recurring event on the English site and stays the same on the Spanish site (showing only on the start and end date).

I’ve tried deactivating all of my other plugins. I’m running the latest of version of everything.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Geoff

Hey @marketfresh, and thanks for your patience while we looked into this!

While we did recently put a lot of work into integrating The Events Calendar into WPML, there are still a few areas that need to be worked out, specifically with Events Calendar PRO–and recurring events are one of them. In this case, WPML does not play well with the process Events Calendar PRO uses to create series of events out of a single post and what happens is exactly as you describe, the first and possibly the last event in a series are the only ones that get translated.

I wish I had a concrete solution for you here, but I’m afraid this is all I have at the moment. In the meantime, I’ve gone ahead and opened a ticket in our system so we can at least start looking into how we might go about integrating Events Calendar PRO features into WPML. It would also be great if you added the same to our feature request forum so that others can vote on this as well–I can see lots of others finding this useful as well.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘WMPL Recurring Event’ is closed to new replies.