Will Eventbrite Tickets + Community Events (only) work?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Will Eventbrite Tickets + Community Events (only) work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter

I’ve recently purchased and setup Community Events on our site and just read about your Eventbrite Tickets product.

Will these two products work as a pair or will I need to buy additional products? In particular, the requirements I’m looking at are:

a) Import events from Eventbrite into my events listing
    b) Allow my users to create Eventbrite listings through my site without having to access the WordPress admin panel or enter the event details a second time into Eventbrite itself.

Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Peter,

I am glad you asked that. Eventbrite and Community Events do not actually tie-in together quite like that. With Community customers can add events via the front end. But Eventbrite only works for site admins, not the Community form. So events posted to Community would not automatically be posted to Eventbrite.

It would be possible to setup Community to not publish posts until you, or another site admin, has had a chance to review them and click Publish. If you have the Eventbrite plugin you could publish the event to that platform at the same time you publish it to your site. So this would be a manual action, but our plugins would make it pretty easy to do.

Does that help clarify things?

Cheers!

– Brook

Peter

Thanks Brook – all clear.

Actually what you suggest will work well for us. I might add a custom field/tickbox to the Community Event form “Tick here to create matching event on Eventbrite” then when we manually review events as normal, we can publish to Eventbrite and our site at the same time. Perhaps as a future feature your developers might integrate the two?

http://southwestlondon.tv/local-events/

Brook
    Participant

I am happy to hear that will work.

That is an interesting idea! We have faced issues in the past with API keys/licenses not allowing you to do certain things. It is very possible that our strategist already looked into it and determined it was not possible or legal to allow customers to directly post those. Either way I will pass the idea along though. I really appreciate the feedback.

Please let us know if you ever need anything else.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Will Eventbrite Tickets + Community Events (only) work?’ is closed to new replies.