Will aggregator do automatic imports from another ECP installation?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Will aggregator do automatic imports from another ECP installation?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jason Emanuelson
    Participant

I have been waiting for a way to bring multiple ECPs into one master calendar, while maintaining individual calendars. In this case, it is for a community that has many sites. As we take on each, we have been bringing in ECP to manage events. The main calendar is on its own right now, but I would love to be able to pull in other ECP calendars along with facebook.

Will it blend?

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for using our plugins.

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/16852576-let-users-import-events-from-other-ecp-installs-vi

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Thank you.

Jason Emanuelson
    Participant

Good morning Cliff,

I guess I find myself a little disappointed. The whole idea of Aggregator is to bring in events from lots of places, yet your very own product conspicuously missing, the product for which Aggregator was built for. I do agree with Jeff in that Aggregator was meant to be an automated system, not a manual export/import process. My name is added to the list, but sadly, other issues make this look like distant future project.

Hopefully you all can get it to blend soon. We have a project where it could be the star of the show.

Cliff

Thanks for your candid feedback. I’ve passed it along to management.

From internal discussions, I know this will eventually arrive. However, the only workaround now is to use Site A’s iCal export into Site B’s Event Aggregator import. We’ve heard of quite a few who find it sufficient. That UserVoice idea would help with things like syncing categories, entire series of recurring events, and other fine-grain details.

To include more events than normal in the iCal export (from Site A), here’s an installable .zip file (install it at your Plugins screen) that adds two URLs:

1. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=recently-published
    2. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=year

The first is useful when folks are trying to use the iCal importer to pull events from one website to another. It will contain any recently published or modified events. Note: It is subject to the postsperpage setting in WP-Admin > Events > Settings.

The second exports this year’s events (from January through December).

If preferable, there’s a code snippet to share just the events one year out from today. Let me know if this plugin works for you or if you want the code for exporting one year from today.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Will aggregator do automatic imports from another ECP installation?’ is closed to new replies.