Will 4.0 allow event booking / tickets natively or still only with Woocommerce?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Will 4.0 allow event booking / tickets natively or still only with Woocommerce?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    colin

Hi

I am evaluating options for my website, which is a sports club. We run tournaments and need a registration and payment system that is integrated with events and the calendar. I have been looking at events calendar and event espresso. The issue I have with events calendar in its current form is that getting the functionality we need with it would mean purchasing an expensive add on to woocommerce, whereas Event espresso would give us what we need with just calendar plugin… but, I prefer the look and feel of events calendar! Can you advise if 4.0 features will give us what we need or will it still rely on Woocommerce for registration and ticket booking?

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in our plugins.

With the 4.0 release it will still rely on WooCommerce as the payment processor only the RSVP system will not need a eCommerce System.

We are also not adding in new booking features into 4.0 yet so it is not ready yet to be a booking system.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

colin

Ok so the RSVP system – Can you expand on what that will mean if not a booking system? If an event in 4.0 supports registration via the RSVP system and ticket purchase via woocommerce (without needing the additional event add on it needs today) then this might be enough.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi

The RSVP system collects a name and email from a person and then sends the person an email RSVP ticket.

In the backend you can see list of all the RSVPS.

You can create multiple different types of RSVP tickets per event.

There is not feature to collect more information beyond a name and the email.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Will 4.0 allow event booking / tickets natively or still only with Woocommerce?’ is closed to new replies.