Width of submission form + Removing category area on submission form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Width of submission form + Removing category area on submission form

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    astcit
    Participant

I’m looking to make the width of the actual form a little bit bigger, so it makes the page flow a little better. It looks a bit squished up at the moment.

The other thing I’m looking to do is to completely remove a section of the form; the “category” area.
    The “Event Categories” isn’t needed as I only have one category which is the Community Calendar itself.

If you could get back to me in regards to this I’ll be very grateful.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for reaching out. Could you send me a link to your Community Submission form so I can take a look? Thanks!

astcit
    Participant

unfortunately the site is still under development and is not live. i can send you a screenshot if that helps?

Casey
    Participant

Could you try activating the Twenty Twelve theme and see if the width issue still persists? If not, then the problem lies with the styling rules in your theme.

Regarding removing the ‘Categories’ section, you should be able to do this by adding the following code to your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6676847

Hope that helps!

Casey
    Participant

Astcit – were you able to give my code snippet a try to see if it does the trick? Just let me know if you need further help, or if we’re all clear to close this thread out. Thanks!

astcit
    Participant

Unfortunately our sites project has been put on hold at the moment, im unable to work any further on the site at this time.
    if you need to close the thread, go hard, when i get back to the project, i will come and ask again 🙂

thanks again for your help, you guys are the best!

Casey
    Participant

No worries. I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread, but feel free to start a new one if you need more help. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Width of submission form + Removing category area on submission form’ is closed to new replies.