Widgets Edit Link Missing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Widgets Edit Link Missing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    k24small
    Participant

Hello,

I am having an issue with the ability to edit widgets. I am currently working on my staging site, but the issue is also on my live site. I am on the latest Event Calendar and Event Calendar Pro release. I am also on the current WordPress release.

Description of the problem:

When I go to Appearance>Widgets, the page begins to load and I can see the Edit link, but as soon as the page finishes loading the Edit link disappears.

What I have done:

I have pushed my live site to a staging site and disabled all the plugins one by one to find that when I disable the Event Calendar plugin I can see the Edit button again.

As I have searched the forums here I am not finding a similar type of problem. Is there anything that I can provide as far as required information? Is there anything you can do to help?

Thanks!

Kris

Nico

Hi there Kris,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about this issue πŸ™ I’ll help you getting to the bottom of it πŸ™‚

Thanks as well for the detailed description of the issue! But when I try to reproduce this I’m not seeing any ‘Edit link’ in ‘WP-Admin > Appearance > Widgets’. My guess is I’m probably missing something obvious here. Can you please send me a screenshot of this link (with The Events Calendar disabled)?

Another thing, you mention disabling plugins but have you tried to disable the theme as well? Also, are you seeing in JavaScript errors in the browser console (Diagnosing JavaScript errors in WordPress)?

I’ll try to reproduce the issue in my local site and let you know about it.

Best,
    Nico

krystalknapp
    Participant

I have this same issue. I had to disable the Events Calendar plug-in to make it possible to edit widgets again. I disabled all my other plug ins and re-activated the Events Calendar plug in and still had the issue. Kris, are you using a Genesis child theme like I am or no? Thanks

Nico

Hey @krystalknapp,

Thanks for chiming in, and sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue as well πŸ™

I disabled all my other plug ins and re-activated the Events Calendar plug in and still had the issue. Kris, are you using a Genesis child theme like I am or no?

Can you please confirm if this issue is related to the Genesis parent theme? I mean if you switch to a default theme like Twenty Sixteen are you still able to reproduce this? If so can you please send a screenshot of this? I’m still not 100% about it.

Thanks,
    Nico

k24small
    Participant

Nico, krystalknapp,

Sorry I missed these replies. I had the wrong radio button check for ” I would like to”.

I’ve attached two screenshots. One is with the 2014 theme enabled on the widgets page and you can see that the edit widget links are gone. All the plugins are still disabled except for the Event Calendar plugin (which, if was disabled, would allow the Edit link to appear).

The second screenshot has the console open and no error showing in the same scenario above.

krystalknall and Nico, the theme I am running is not a Genesis theme. I’ve also tried 2015 and that theme doesn’t change the status.

I hope this helps.

Kris

Nico

Hey Kris,

Thanks for following up with the screenshots. Unfortunatelly I’m still not quite sure of what’s missing. Are you referring to the triangle that allows you to edit each widget (https://cloudup.com/cuT1_V-SW8u)?

If that’s the case let me say I’m not seeing the same in my local install, and couldn’t find this logged as a bug. This doesn’t mean the issue is not legit, but that we will need some more troubleshooting to know what’s causing this!

Best,
    Nico

k24small
    Participant

Nico,

I can understand how trying to replicate an issue is sometimes fruitless. I can create and share admin credentials for you to take a look if that would help. Although the issue is on my live site, I’ve done the troubleshooting on a staging site. You could safely poke around there and not cause any harm.

Let me know what you think.

Kris

Nico

This reply is private.

andreaskoenignet
    Participant

Hello,
    I have the same problem. It is not a problem with the theme Enfold (http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/cant-change-widgets/#post-710883). So I can’t use the calendar in widgets ?
    Best regards,
    Andreas

k24small
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hey Kris,

Thanks for letting me take a look!

Still puzzled because I could successfully edit the widgets there, add and delete without issue (https://cloudup.com/cgoRsifmxJp). Sorry if I’m still missing something πŸ™

Can you review my test and let me know what the issue is? Maybe is a browser thing? I’m testing this out in Chrome latest for desktop.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

k24small
    Participant

Nico,

Thanks for taking the time to check it out on our staging site. I couldn’t view your example for some reason, but I did check the staging site as you suggested and I still am not able to click on edit. My browser is Chrome as well and it is up to date.

I am at a loss.

Nico

This reply is private.

Nico

Hey folks,

Another heads-up on this issue! We gave this another round of QA but we couldn’t still reproduce it so we decided to decline the bug ticket.

I’ve asked the original poster to please confirm this was still and issue but didn’t get a reply from him πŸ™

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if any of you are still seeing this please open up a new thread including a link to this one.

Thanks,
    Nico

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Widgets Edit Link Missing’ is closed to new replies.