Widgets Backend Breaks When Event Calendar Activated

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Widgets Backend Breaks When Event Calendar Activated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

When Events Calendar and Pro are installed and activated the widget backend breaks. Widget options are listed, but the widget areas to place the widget disappear. This topic was addressed here: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/widget-areas-in-backend-disappear/ but I did not see a resolution.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Matthew,

That is different! I am sorry this is you trouble. Would it be possible to collect some info from you so that I can look into the problem? For instance, I do not event know what theme you are using, or where your site is located.

Would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

If you are interested in getting this resolved quickly, could you also run through some diagnostic steps for me? First, could you try temporarily activating the default 2013 theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it, we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have any theme overrides for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ‘tribe-events-bak’.

If the issue persists in the default 2013 theme, then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the 2013 theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes is. If it does, please try reenabling them one at a time until the issue resurfaces.

Thank you! Please let me know if have questions about any of those steps.

– Brook

Matthew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Matthew
    Participant

I figured out the problem. Maximum memory was being exhausted on the widget page when it tried to access the extra widgets in pro. I increased the max memory in php config and its all good. Thanks.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for posting the solution Matthew! I am glad you got it fixed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Widgets Backend Breaks When Event Calendar Activated’ is closed to new replies.