Widget Issue: Custom banner not displaying after update

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Widget Issue: Custom banner not displaying after update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Vanessa
    Participant

After applying the recent updates to the Events Calendar and Community Events, I noticed that the custom banner on my website for the Calendar-related pages has disappeared.

http://ie-community.com/iecc-wp/events/
    http://ie-community.com/iecc-wp/events/community/add/

Before the update, all the banners were displaying properly. I am using a section widget to apply different banners to the different pages on the website. I tried checking different boxes in the appropriate widget to get the banner to show for the Calendar, but to no avail. The only way I can get the calendar banner to show is to apply it to all Posts and Pages, but I don’t want that, as each page should have a different banner. I’m thinking maybe the category linkage for the Events Calendar was broken with the update, as all the other banners are working as they should.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Rob

Thanks for the heads up on this, Vanessa. This is an interesting issue and I apologize for the inconvenience as we work to get it resolved. While addressing this is outside my area of expertise, I have asked our dev Jonah to take a look and see if he can identify what would be causing this. Can you confirm that it was not an issue before the latest round of Events/Community updates? Just want to triple check that no other plugins were updated at the same time or other changes made that we aren’t accounting for here…

Let me know if that’s the case. Otherwise Jonah will be able to take a look and respond shortly.

Vanessa
    Participant

All the banners were working properly before the update, though come to think of it, I did have to check “All Posts” in order to have the calendar banner show up on the Post Calendar Event page. This isn’t good, though, because it overwrites the custom banner on some of the other pages (er, posts). After the update, the calendar banner didn’t show up on any of the Calendar pages (including the main one: http://ie-community.com/iecc-wp/events/) unless I checked All Posts and All Pages, which again, defeats the purpose of having a different banner on every page.

Now here’s a funny thing. There was a conflict with the Events Calendar and Business Directory plugins, so after the update, I activated the Business Directory to see if it worked. It did, but then I noticed the Calendar banner had disappeared. So I tried deactivating the Business Directory, and voila!, the calendar banner came back. Interestingly enough, I re-activated the Business Directory and the banner is still there. However, Post Calendar Event (http://ie-community.com/iecc-wp/events/community/add/) is still missing the banner (which should be the same as the calendar at http://ie-community.com/iecc-wp/events/). I’d really like to have the calendar banner up there without having to resort to making it for All Posts/Pages.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Vanessa
    Participant

By the way, the only updates I applied were for The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar: Community Events, and The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets.

Rob

Thanks for confirming as much, Vanessa. We’ve been pretty slammed on the support side this week so responses are taking a tad longer than normal, but this is in the next pile of threads Jonah will be hitting so you should have a response shortly. My apologies for the inconvenience so far.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Vanessa,

What are you using for the custom banners?

Cheers,
    Jonah

Vanessa
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

I’m using a widget designated as “Inner Right Sidebar12345” to control the banners. Under this widget I put a Section for each page, with the code being used for the image (replace the word “banner” with the appropriate banner created for that page). To get the correct banner to show for each page, I check the appropriate boxes under Special Pages, Pages, and/or Categories for each Section that has been dragged into that widget.

Apart from “Post Calendar Event” under Pages (which, sadly, doesn’t work), I notice that there aren’t really any Pages or Categories designated specifically for the Events Calendar. Am I correct to assume that “All Events”, “All Venues”, and “All Organizers” under Special Pages is supposed to target all the Events Calendar related pages? If so, why doesn’t it work for “Post Calendar Event” (http://ie-community.com/iecc-wp/events/community/add/)?

Vanessa
    Participant

Weird, my code didn’t go through. I hope this makes sense!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Vanessa,

So are you using a widget plugin for this banner? Which one? How are you targeting event related pages? Is it through the widget or in PHP? Sorry about the code pasting lack here, we’re still working on that. You can post code to pastebin.com for now.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Vanessa
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

I’m not sure I understand. The widgets were set up by the previous designer. The website is set up with the Genesis framework, so the widgets may be a part of that. There are widgets for different sections of the page; “Inner Right Sidebar12345″ just so happens to be the one that controls the banner. While logged into the WordPress back end, I go to the Widgets tab, and from there, I drag a Section widget over to “Inner Right Sidebar12345″ for each Page or Post that needs a banner. I give it a title to help remember what Page (or Post) it should be for, check the Special Pages/Pages/Categories that it’s supposed to go on, and use img src code in the formatting box to link the proper banner. I’ve tried checking multiple boxes under Special Pages/Pages/Categories, and none seem to target ALL the Calendar related pages, though I’m assuming “All Events”, “All Venues”, and “All Organizers” under Special Pages are for the Calendar. The only way I’m able to get the banner to show on Post Calendar Events (http://ie-community.com/iecc-wp/events/community/add/) is by checking All Pages and All Posts, but that overwrites the custom banner for the other pages, and I don’t want that.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Vanessa, it’s very likely the previous designer did not take into account all the Special Pages or the proper code for the event related pages within the Special Pages. Is this something they coded or how/where is the Special Pages list coming from? I would need to look at that code to know more… I would suggest getting in touch with your designer or hire a developer to help you with this. It’s more of a custom coded feature that goes outside what we can really help with.

Good luck!

– Jonah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget Issue: Custom banner not displaying after update’ is closed to new replies.