Widget Help

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Widget Help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike Smull
    Participant

When using the widget, we want to always show the next available 3 events. When we’re near the end of the month, it is only showing 1 event or no events even though we have 20 events the next month. How can we change it so there are always 3 events showing?

We also used CSS to hide the actual calendar. Is there a setting to remove it so we can just show a list?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi bigpixelstudio,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I think I can help clarify.

What you describe is exactly how the Mini Calendar Widget was intended to work.

We do have a widget call Events List in the widget area. Is that not available in your installation?

Let me know if you do not see and we can try to find out why.

Thanks

Mike Smull
    Participant

Not really issues, just trying to understand how to use this.
    So, I see the Events List widget and I gave it a quick try. Yes, that is more what I was thinking however, the one with the mini calendar is styled much nicer. I guess I could attempt to match those styles, it would be nice if they just looked the same. I already changed some styles on the mini calendar one to suit our needs. I was just hoping it was a setting somewhere.
    Any other tips would be appreciated.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok sounds good.

The best tip I can give is to head to your Events Calender Pro New User Primer:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-pro-new-user-primer/

It goes through all the features of the plugin.

As for the Mini Calendar, I forgot we do have a tutorial on just using it as a list view here: (you maybe already used it)

https://theeventscalendar.com/remove-calendar-grid-from-calendar-widget/

However, again it does not show next month’s events in the list.

I tried to see if we had any css to change the styling for you on the List Widget, but could not find any 🙁

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Mike Smull
    Participant

I removed the calendar just by hiding it with CSS. That worked fine.
    It’s too bad we can’t use this view and just so the most recent three without having them month specific. It would be nice if someone applied the same styling to the Event List widget.

Brian
    Keymaster

It would be nice if someone applied the same styling to the Event List widget.

It would be nice, so I did it as we have been saying we would for awhile.

Consider this a beta of the coding, but I modified the list widget to look like the Mini Calendar List.

Coding
    This is the coding you should add to this file in your theme:

[your-theme]/tribe-events/widgets/list-widget.php

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/83e59e6124cc87a54add

CSS
    To show this correctly you will need to add this to your theme’s stylesheet or through a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS.

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/634dabe18851e1cd7d90

I renamed everything for the css so there should not be conflicts with the Mini Calendar Widget.

Let me know if you run into any issues and I can take a look to tighten up the coding.

Thanks

Mike Smull
    Participant

I just updated to version 3.8.1 and now the styling for this is gone. Did the update change things or do I have to do this again? We’re launching the site next week and I need to get that look back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Smull
    Participant

Sorry, one more thing. I just logged in via ftp and I see the folder that I needed to create but when I double click on it, I get the following message:
    Fetch could not open the folder “tribe-events” because a requested file or folder was not found on the sftp server.
    If you entered a file name, folder name, or URL, you may want to check its spelling and capitalization.
    Server Responded “No such file”

I did update Headway Theme prior to updating Event Calendar and Event Calendar Pro. Not sure how to handle this.

Mike Smull
    Participant

I recreated the folders and uploaded the list-widget.php file again and all is well. Sorry for the panic.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to fix this issue.

Since the issue is resolved I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget Help’ is closed to new replies.