Widget grid view: Would like to link to the single date view from the dates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Widget grid view: Would like to link to the single date view from the dates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jingdaily
    Participant

Hello,
    Could anyone please show me how to link the dates on the widget grid view (where there are events) to the single day page (in my case at http://jingdev.jingdaily.com/events/2013-08-11/) ? Right now it seems that it links to nothing (#). Thank you in advance!

Barry

Hi jingdaily,

Right now if you click on a day with events it should list those events right below the calendar – I see it isn’t working as expected on your site though (navigating month-to-month doesn’t seem to work either) and that is probably due to a Javascript conflict.

It looks like you’re running jQuery 1.7.1: The Events Calendar expects WordPress 3.5 as a minimum and 3.5 onwards ship with a much more recent build of jQuery – and again The Events Calendar also expects one of these more recent versions to be present.

Often the problem in situations like this is that the theme (though it could be a plugin) is deliberately swapping out the default copy of jQuery that ships with WordPress for its own – unfortunately that can have these undesirable knock-on effects for other plugins.

Can you touch base with your theme author and see if it is indeed the theme that’s responsible for this and check if they can offer you a workaround?

Thanks!

jingdaily
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks so much for your quick response! I was able to find the src to jquery 1.7.1 and deleted it, and now everything on the widget is back to normal. However I was wondering how to get it so that if I clicked on for example, the box for August 9th, that it would take me to this page: http://jingdev.jingdaily.com/events/2013-08-11/, instead of showing the event as a list item on the bottom of the widget. Please let me know if it’s possible, your help is extremely appreciated!

Barry

It’s definitely possible but would require either some customization work – either by working with the existing widget, building on top of it or even building a completely new replacement.

I’m afraid that particular customization isn’t one we would be able to help you with here on the support forum – but you can certainly add a feature request for the current widget to be changed / for a new widget to be added that behaves as you would like here:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Thanks – and glad you solved the jQuery issue 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget grid view: Would like to link to the single date view from the dates’ is closed to new replies.