Why in comments: During scheduled import, the limit of HTTP requests was reached

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Why in comments: During scheduled import, the limit of HTTP requests was reached

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    4smartbiz
    Participant

What is this doing in my site’s comments?

What does it mean?

I’m only trying to import from 5 other Facebook pages, each has at most 1-3 new events, how in the world can I reach any sort of limit?

Why shouldn’t I just go back to using the Facebook importer?

Leah

Hi there 4smartbiz,

Currently there is a 100 imports per day limit for Event Aggregator. When you hit the limit, the system leaves a comment in order to log what happened. These comments are not visible on the front end of your site. We are planning to decrease the number of Limit Reached comments logged in a subsequent maintenance release.

The limit is 100 imports per day (not 100 events per day) and so I’m guessing that you’re hitting it because you have your 5 imports set to a very high frequency, like every 30 minutes. If you change the frequency of some of them (perhaps to Daily) then you will stop hitting the limit.

Best,
    Leah

4smartbiz
    Participant

Nope. Sorry, I have it set for once per day.

George
    Participant

Hey @4smartbiz,

How often do you see this error showing up? Has it only happened once? Or does it happen often?

— George

4smartbiz
    Participant

It occurs one time each day for each of the Facebook pages it is trying to import from.

I have 5 pages that I import from, I am set to import once per day at 2:30’ish pm. The errors occur shortly after that time, there is one error for each of the 5 pages that it should be importing from.

I’ve cleared the comments and will see if we get another round of these errors this afternoon.

George
    Participant

Thanks for this info, @4smartbiz.

So, we recently confirmed a bug where if the limit was reached, there would be too many logs reported. Our developers are working hard on fixes and we’ve currently got a fix for this bug in the code-review/testing phase, so hopefully it’ll come soon.

Now, in your case it seems the problem is that the limit isn’t actually being hit. We have not had reports of this sort of error at this time, and I cannot recreate that. I will work with our developers on this to investigate it and see what we find.

To help us investigate you mention this:

It occurs one time each day for each of the Facebook pages it is trying to import from.

1. Can you share the list of Facebook pages you’re importing from? If this is not data you want to share, I understand; no worries. But it would help us test this—let me know! (Even if there are many pages, you can paste all of the URLs here).

Next, you mention this:

I am set to import once per day at 2:30’ish pm.

2. Can you confirm if you’ve been set to import “once daily” since you first activated Event Aggregator? Or have you used the “on-demand” import method at all thus far along the way?

Thank you for your patience here! We are actively investigating this.

Sincerely,
    George

4smartbiz
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

4smartbiz
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi @4smartbiz,

We wanted to let you know that we recently released The Events Calendar 4.3.2 and it included a fix for the issue you reported for Event Aggregator logging comments to the system each time the import limit is reached. Please update when you have the chance and defintely let us know if you continue to run into any problems.

Thanks so much for the heads up and for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

George
    Participant

😀

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Why in comments: During scheduled import, the limit of HTTP requests was reached’ is closed to new replies.