Why doesn't Month View default to List View on mobile?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Why doesn't Month View default to List View on mobile?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi,

Why doesn’t List View show on mobile as default when “Deafault View” is set to “List” in settings? On mobile Month View is showing and completely messed up. Isn’t any of this Responsive?

Geoff

Howdy Lars–welcome back. 🙂

I visited the main calendar page of your site (/events) and it appears to be working correctly. The default view is List View and the page appears to properly scale on small screens.

Did you happen to solve the issue on your own? Or perhaps you can send me a direct link to where you’re seeing the issue crop up and I’d be happy to take another look.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Lars
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi there, Lars! Thanks for following up.

Are you by chance using custom development on the particular page you linked to? The layout does not appear to be the default Month View that ships with the plugin and instead only displays Oct. 5-9.

Geoff

Lars
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Selecting List View as your default does not mean List View will be displayed on small screens when the page you’re currently viewing is Month View.

If you head over to your main calendar (/events), you will see that List View is properly used as your default view and it scales properly for small screens.

The URL you shared with me, however, is Month View. That means it will also be Month View when scaled to small screens. Views stay the same on all screens depending on what the current view is. In this case, you are in a customized version of Month View, so it will continue to be that customized version of Month View on small screens as well.

I hope this helps clarify things a bit!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Lars
    Participant

Hi,

Okay, but as we need to show a specific date for the Month View i.e. /events/2015-10/ then Month View will no longer defaults to List View on Smartphones. Only if the URL is /events/ … this should of course be corrected in your system. Because it is not we need to use a Redirection plugin to redirect all Smartphones from /events/2015-10/ to /events/list/

Geoff

Hey there, Lars–thanks for following up!

I know you may disagree, but implementing your own custom development may have consequences that conflict with the core functionality of the plugin. I believe that is the case in this instance, as you’ve implemented a custom template for this view.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread since it seems we’ve supported this as far as we can.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Why doesn't Month View default to List View on mobile?’ is closed to new replies.