why does events pro slow down WP so much?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator why does events pro slow down WP so much?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Barry
    Participant

I am disappointed because of how The Events Calendar slows down my website. It is even worse with Pro installed. I have isolated this particular plug-in as the source of slow page loads on every page on my site. When I de-activate it my loading times are great. But unfortunately we spend much staff time loading our events for the academic year already into the plugin so switching isn’t really practical. Is there something that I need to know about using this plugin with the Genesis framework that would slow it down so significantly?

Thank you,

Barry

Cliff

Hi Barry.

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this.

It looks like you’re running the latest versions of our plugins and WordPress core, which is a great start.

It’s hard to tell if this is your issue or not, but, once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please do strongly consider trying the fix for runaway recurring events (a bug introduced in version 4.2.2 and fixed within a few days via version 4.2.2.1).

You can reference these code snippets to help determine if this is your problem and how to go about resolving it in your database: tribe-extension-recurring-cleanup.zip (Recurring Events fixer plugin wp-admin page preview)

If you are able to clean up anything using this plugin, it’ll likely speed up your site.

Please let me know how it goes for you. If it doesn’t help, please provide additional information to help us diagnose where/when the issues are occurring (such as Query Monitor results, etc).

Barry
    Participant

Okay thank you Cliff. I am going to have to address it next week because I am headed out of town for business. I will let you know. The developer of the framework I am using says that the google map embed is taking an extremely long time to load, which is slowing other scripts that are loading after it. Do you have experience with that problem?

Barry
    Participant

I gave you a screenshot of my recurring events. Very light load and should not be causing the issue.

Barry
    Participant

query monitor

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘why does events pro slow down WP so much?’ is closed to new replies.