why are you so slow in adding features?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO why are you so slow in adding features?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    screenrage
    Participant

Here is an example of an item that received over 90 votes, you even acknowledged it would be a good idea… A YEAR AGO.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5076620-add-custom-fields-to-csv-importer

So how come users’ input/requests are being ignored? just curious, is this particular function super difficult to develop?

thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry if we appear slow on adding new features. We are working as fast as our resources enable us.

We spent the better part of the last 6 months improving the performance of the events calendar and were not working on adding any new features. We have since started working on new features and hope to release many new ones in our first release of the year in a couple months.

Thanks for referencing that post in Uservoice as well and it is something we are still looking to add, but if you take the total votes of 90 that is not even in the top 20 of requested features. We are not ignoring any ones request, but at the same time to reach them all right away would increase the cost of the events calendar beyond what most people are willingly to pay for plugins.

The only thing I can really say about new features is we are working on many of them now, especially the shortcodes, but unable to release any information about when they might come out until we are done testing and know they will be in the release.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

screenrage
    Participant

Thank you.

Any chance you could show how you guys prioritize enhancements? like what is the current priority list (non-bug related)?

thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

We prioritize the top features in user voice, but some features may take longer then others.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘why are you so slow in adding features?’ is closed to new replies.