Why 100 imports limit?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Why 100 imports limit?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    André
    Participant

This has been a long waited add-on, turns out you can only have 100 imports. Facebook Events Importer was way better! The limits, if any would be regarding our servers not limited by you.

Disappointment.

A key feature of Event Aggregator is that it runs entirely on our own servers. Say goodbye to limitations with Facebook Events when importing from a large number of Facebook pages

What does this means? With aggregator i cannot import a large number of pages! Cause every page counts as 1 and there’s a limit of 100 imports.

Does anyone here agrees with me?

André
    Participant

Worse, if the page im importing from has no events or nothing new… it still counts as an import, doesn’t it?

Leah

Hi André,

Thanks for your note. As a long-time Facebook Events user, I appreciate hearing your thoughts on Event Aggregator.

One of the reasons we built Event Aggregator as a service instead of a plugin was so that we could run the imports through our own servers. For many users, this is a big plus as they are not going to be limited by their host or their own server capabilities. This has made Event Aggregator a much more reliable tool for importing large amounts of information, and allows more of our users to import events.

The daily limit was a deliberate decision to make sure that our launch was successful and the servers would stay up for all our new users. We are carefully monitoring the usage of Event Aggregator as a whole so we can better understand what kind of limits are most reasonable for our users and our servers. This limit is not necessarily set in stone and may well change in the future.

As a Facebook Events user, I hope you are finding Event Aggregator’s increased importing capabilities helpful. Unlike the legacy plugin, EA can do bulk imports from Facebook Groups which was a widely requested feature. You can import all events from a group with just one import.

if the page im importing from has no events or nothing new… it still counts as an import, doesn’t it?

That is correct. Checking for updates does count as an import. You might try editing your scheduled imports so that they don’t happen quite as often to stay within the daily limit.

Best,
    Leah

André
    Participant

I understand your premise thats not an issue, you want to give a change to everyone to have access to a service and thats very wise from you. The only problem is that while doing that you cannot limit the ones that have a better machine aka server or service, cause then its like releasing a videogame for PS2 and 3 it works great on PS2 but for some reason the graphics are the same on PS3, not using the full potential of the device. Ok older generation gets a good game, and what about the owners of a PS3 they have to lower they’re standard why?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by André.
    Leah

Hi André,

Thanks again for your thoughts.

You can certainly keep using Facebook Events if you prefer. Please keep an eye on our newsletter and site- that way you’ll know if we up that daily import limit or make other license key levels that will work better for you.

Cheers,
    Leah

ericmeadows
    Participant

I agree with André, I manage two sites that are importing 2oo+ events each and I was under the assumption this new import tool was going to relieve me from manually importing 20 pages at a time to get all my updates in…EVERY DAY!

I was very excited when hearing the talks and reports about the aggregator and now.. what a let down. I’ll go back to using the legacy system.

Leah

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your thoughts. We’re working on getting out some other license levels as soon as possible so that folks with larger import needs will have a better option.

Cheers,
    Leah

ericmeadows
    Participant

Thanks Leah,

Sorry I was a bit crass in my comment. I was pretty excited about the new aggregation system then when I started reading about it I got a little let-down.

I read a few other posts and comments from other topics and understand a few things better now.

Sorry again, and our site and community website wouldn’t be anywhere near usable if it weren’t for the Event Calendar plugin system.

~ Eric

Leah

Thanks Eric, that’s sweet of you. Launching a new product is always exciting and a little scary. We’re glad you’re enjoying our plugins, and hopefully you’ll be loving EA soon as well 🙂

~Leah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Why 100 imports limit?’ is closed to new replies.