Which role should I be setting up users as?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Which role should I be setting up users as?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jtnews
    Participant

I didn’t see this in the new user primer, but which role should a user be set up as? I have been setting people up manually as contributors, but when they log in they get taken automatically to the homepage instead of the event submit page.

jtnews
    Participant

So this is a bigger issue than I thought – while I had it working earlier today, at this point whenever I have a user I’ve set up try to log in as either author, contributor or subscriber, they are sent to the homepage instead of getting logged in. On my test server I disabled all plugins, changed the theme to 2011, and deactivated and reactivated all of my calendar plugins (order: events, pro, community). Still no luck.

Casey
    Participant

jtnews,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. If your users don’t need any back-end access to your site, then I would suggest setting them up as subscribers, since they’ll have the fewest permissions with that role.

When users login via your Event Submission Page (http://www.jewishsound.org/calendar/community/add) they’re not being redirected? I’ve verified that this working correctly in my environment, so could you verify that you don’t have any other plugins activated (or customizations in your theme) that might be overriding what URL users get redirected to after logging in?

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

jtnews
    Participant

I think I got this figured out – and it was one of those simple little fixes. I was using relative links to get to the page instead of the full links, and that seems to have made all the difference. I’ll keep you posted if I’m still having trouble.

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Which role should I be setting up users as?’ is closed to new replies.