Which product to choose?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Which product to choose?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sam

Hi,

I am finishing getting my website built and unsure which one or how many of your products I need that can help with this:

I am a training provider so need dates scheduled over 2 locations
    I currently have 4 courses that will be recurring over the 2 locations
    Currently the courses are linked to a Woocommerce cart which doesn’t allow the dates to be linked to that sale
    Need a limited number of tickets to be sold per event
    Do your ticket sales integrate with Woocommerce for checkout?
    Do customers who click on the calendar and then have the option to go through to the cart to book that specific event?
    Another way, if they click on the product they want, are they taken to the calendar to pick a date and then book?

Hope that makes sense,

Thanks,

Sam

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Sam,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

I believe I understand what you are looking for. First, Event Tickets Plus does integrate with and use WooCommerce to handle the cart and checkout process (tickets are essentially WooCommerce products). So, if a customer clicks on an event on the calendar, they will be taken to an event details page, which will display the current number of tickets available and allow users to select a quantity and add the tickets to their cart. You do have the option to create multiple tickets  on an event and set caps individually or globally for those tickets.

Regarding the events being recurring…Events Calendar Pro offers recurring event functionality, but there are limitations here with tickets. You can technically add tickets to recurring events, but it will be the exact same ticket across every event in the series. For example, if a user were to add tickets to their cart from two separate events in the same series, they would have one ticket in their cart with a quantity of two, not two tickets with two separate dates. We are working on expanding this functionality in the future, but for now I think your best bet would be to create the events individually.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so feel free to test out our plugins! You can also see a demo by going to wpshindig.com. If you have any questions or need any clarification, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

sam

Hi Jennifer,

In response to the above can you please help with this question:

If a customer brought a ticket for two separate recurring event days, you said they would have two tickets but which date or which stock would be used for that booking?

Thanks,

Sam

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Sam,

Sure thing – an event series is basically several copies of one event, and therefore each event in the series has the exact same details on it (such as the title, venue, organizer, description, and tickets). So if a customer went to two separate days in the same recurring event series and added a ticket to their cart, they would have 2 of the same ticket (I believe the date on the ticket would be the date of the first event in the series). The stock would be reduced by 2 for that ticket.

You can add multiple tickets to a series – for example, you could have an adult ticket and a child ticket, but this would give you two tickets added to the series, not two new tickets created on each day in the series.

We are working on improving this for future releases, but that is how it is set up currently.

Does that make sense? I know it’s a bit complicated! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Sam

Hi,

That does help but, does that mean that I must then l follow up to check what second date they chose in the series. (As this wouldn’t show on the ticket)?
    Thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Sam,

You are correct that the actual date they clicked on would not show up on the ticket – there is actually no way to tell which dates they clicked on to purchase the ticket (for a single ticket on a recurring event).

However, you could add multiple tickets to the series, one for each date in the series. So for example, if you had a course at one location happening on October 10th, November 10th, and December 10th, you could create the event on October 10th and then set it to recur on November 10th and December 10th. You could then create three tickets on the series, one for each date (and name the tickets accordingly – General Admission for October 10th, General Admission for November 10th, and General Admission for December 10th). Now, when your users click on any of these three events on your calendar, they will see all three tickets show up. In this case, they would be able to add the correct ticket to their cart, and you would be able to distinguish between multiple dates.

If you have a only a few dates in each series, then this method might be your best bet. Otherwise, I think you would be better off creating individual events (one for each course date) instead of recurring events.

Hopefully that doesn’t create more confusion, but please do let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Which product to choose?’ is closed to new replies.