Which product do I need?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Which product do I need?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hi,

We have a website, http://www.childmag.co.za, that we are redesigning in WordPress from the current Drupal system. We want a calendar that we can essentially filter between 4 provinces. You could drill down further within the provinces from there I guess. Could you have 4 default view calendars in the four provinces?

Then we’d like users to be able to submit events but they’d need to be moderated and approved with payment before going live. I like the Outlook and iCal export feature in the demo.

What products would I need from you to achieve this functionality?

Geoff

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch! That sounds like an awesome project and I’m stoked you’re considering using our plugins as part of it. 🙂

I think you can accomplish all of that with only two of our plugins:

• The Events Calendar (free) – This is our free core plugin for creating, editing and managing events in a calendar format. It’s also required for all of our other add-ons, but it will allow you to create events and assign them to a location/province.
    • Community Events – This is an add-on for The Events Calendar that allows visitors to submit events to the calendar using a front-end submission form. You can absolutely moderate those submissions and even limit access to the form based on the WordPress user role.

Those two plugins will give you the core of what you need. For example, you can categorize the events that are published based on province, then provide direct links to the event categories, which will provide filtered views of the calendar. The Events Calendar also includes a Location search by default, so you are covered there.

If you wanted to take this a step further, then you could add Filter Bar. True to its name, it adds a set of filters to the calendar that allows visitors to filter events based on everything from categories to venues, and distance is another filter that can be used to refine the list of events.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Which product do I need?’ is closed to new replies.