Which plugins do I need to charge for premium events?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Which plugins do I need to charge for premium events?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Which plugins do I need for people to submit events and optionally charge credit card for premium events? I know I need the community events plugin for people submitting events but do I also need events calendar pro to charge submitted premium events? Do I need to license anything else?

Courtney

Hi Joe

Tickets for events would be handled with Event Tickets and for paid tickets:Event Tickets Plus, along with an e-commerce plugin. We currently support WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.Read more about each option’s features and payment gateways.

I am not sure if you would need Events Calendar Pro. Are there specific features, such as shortcodes and recurring events that you need from Pro?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Joe

I wasn’t clear at all sorry. I don’t want to charge for events I want to charge for submitting an event. So I don’t need the event tickets plugin at all.
    Would I need events calendar pro to accept credit card payments for submitting premium events?

Joe

I don’t need event tickets because I don’t want to sell tickets, I want to charge for submitting premium events to the events calendar. Is events calendar pro needed for that, ie to accept credit card charges?

Courtney

Hi Joe

I’m so sorry about that. At this time, we don’t have a way to achieve that effect.

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

You can suggest it it https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3762678-charge-for-event-submission-and-premium-featured-e.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Joe

I’m surprised this was suggested over 4 years ago and has over 300 requests for this feature with no response from over a year ago.

Courtney

Hi Joe

I do understand the surprise. It is a feature we will consider. Thank you for your input.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

The Almost Purchaser of Events Calendar; Over 10 event sites on hold

Yes this is ridiculous; I have spent three days searching for a solution and I have had a series of event sites on hold due to this lacking of feature. It’s like come on! Also navigating your site and purchasing which plugin you need for what is a nightmare; it doesn’t make sense until you download the free version and actually navigate to the plugins page. A feature chart would be nice………………………………………. that’s one cliché missing from this publisher’s web page, I have spent more time browsing this site and Google searching solutions or what your features entail than ACTUALLY DEVELOPING.

This is just another routine case study of WordPress developers not understanding how to communicate what their product does and how and what they need let alone using their product enough to actually make it useful for everyone involved. THEY ALL LOVE MINIMAL DOCUMENTATION AND SETTING UP SUPPORT CHANNELS THOUGH AND REPLYING TO SUPPORT TICKETS OF THE SAME QUESTION 100X+ OVER. The only thing that they can communicate is acoustic music soundtracks paired with hastily produced how-to videos with 20 second intros and $90.00 price tags to halfway justify a vague list of features and limited support (IDK why this limited support crap is still a trend with WordPress). Very frustrating; OH WELL; more waiting until a free or smarter competitor comes along as per usual.

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF FEATURES + EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION + INCREDIBLE DOCUMENTATION = LOTS OF MONEY AND NO WORK

At the very least there should be a comprehensive guide to utilizing a membership or eCommerce plugin THAT WORKS to calibrate it to be useful alongside The Events Calendar. BUT NOPE; we’ll add it to the feature list because we are so selfish that the only way you’re going to do anything is through us; though as if it will never come out just to satisfy the fanboys via a disorganized comments/support page that can barely login to their WordPress account let alone setup a business.

Apparently nobody in the Events publishing industry gets paid unless tickets are sold. Oh wait; The Events Calendar team does. PISSED.

Barry

You’re obviously very frustrated and I’m sorry about that — we’ll certainly give your feedback some thought and I appreciate you sharing it with us.

As Courtney explained, the feature I believe you are looking for – creating a pay-wall for your event submission form – is not something we currently offer and that’s why it is not listed as a feature on any of our product pages.

Additionally, whenever users ask about it here in the pre-sales forum I like to think we’re pretty clear about the fact our plugins do not offer this functionality and that we cannot guarantee when or if it will become available.

If that doesn’t mesh with your existing project requirements then that’s unfortunate, but it does at least make your choice clear — you can switch to a different solution that does meet your needs, or you can investigate building a customization on top of our plugins that makes this possible (all of our plugins are crafted with plenty of hooks and other opportunities for customization for just this sort of reason).

we’ll add it to the feature list because we are so selfish that the only way you’re going to do anything is through us

That is not the case whatsoever: there is nothing to stop you or another developer from building this functionality if you wish to do so. Various theme and plugin developers have and continue to create new features and tweaks focused on our extending our plugins and we actively collaborate and help them as needed.

though as if it will never come out just to satisfy the fanboys via a disorganized comments/support page that can barely login to their WordPress account let alone setup a business

I’ll be honest, I’m struggling to fully comprehend this statement … but I think the big takeaway overall is that paid event submissions are something you need and you are unhappy with our progress in that area. That being the case, your points are noted and we’ve taken them onboard.

Thanks again and I do wish you luck with your projects, whether or not you build them on top of our plugins or via a product offered by a different company.

I don’t think there’s much more discussion to be had on this topic so I’m going to close it – but of course if either of you wish to follow up with questions about other specifics please feel free to create new threads as needed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Which plugins do I need to charge for premium events?’ is closed to new replies.