Which file do I need to edit to customize the map view shortcode?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Which file do I need to edit to customize the map view shortcode?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mike.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I am trying to edit the map view that comes up with the shortcode. It is the one on the site’s home page. I tried the two theme files that made sense to me, but neither worked. Which file would I edit?

Mike
    Participant

Anyone? Just a nudge in the right direction.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

I’m sorry about the delayed response here! You can find the template files for the map view in wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/map. You can customize any of these templates by creating the following folders in your child theme:

tribe-events > pro > map (so your file path will look like /wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/tribe-events/pro/map)

Next, copy the templates that you want to edit into your new “map” folder. These will override the default template files from the plugins. The shortcode uses the same templates for map and other views as do the views on your main events page, so these changes will be applied anywhere on your site that you are using the map view.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Which file do I need to edit to customize the map view shortcode?’ is closed to new replies.