Which capabilities do I have to give/remove to only prevent publishing?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Which capabilities do I have to give/remove to only prevent publishing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kaisv
    Participant

I want to create a new role and give that role only so many rights that he/she can create new events AND Tickets but not publish them. (I want to have a separate role for that)

Do I have to give all permissions except “publish_posts”?

What about the tickets, do they need to be published for allowing the saving of an event?
    They will create an woocommerce product, do I have to give these woocommerce permissions as well?

Thank you very much 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey there! 🙂

I think you’ll find what you are looking for in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

I’m not really sure about the ticket products on the WooCommerce side. I think the best would be to run some tests with it. Let me also point you to the WooCommerce documentation about roles and permissions > https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/roles-capabilities/

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Victor

kaisv
    Participant

This does not answer my question, and sure i can play around until I find the right combination of capabilities, but that is what I want you to answer.

What permissions are required to create an event including creating tickets. Especially, do the tickets require the publish right or in what state are they until the event is published?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m sorry for the confusion here. Let me help you further with this.

First, please let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

I made a few tests and it seem the only capabilities you need for that purpose are edit_posts and edit_tribe_event. This allows admin access and the creation and submission of events to Pending Review status. Ticket creation will also be allowed as well as the ticket product needed to be associated to the event ticket.

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Which capabilities do I have to give/remove to only prevent publishing?’ is closed to new replies.