where to edit header

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO where to edit header

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sheila
    Participant

A friend asked me to help with this site http://northwestdharma.org/ which has TEC Pro installed. The original dev did a lot of custom work that is beyond my pay grade. They simply asked me to add the two icons to the social media in the header. That was simple to do for the main theme. Then I started researching how to customize TEC files. I found that info but so far have not been able to find any file that includes the existing Meetup/FB/Twitter icons so I can add my two lines of code. Calendar is on http://northwestdharma.org/events/ Might you help me figure out where to find the correct views to edit? Thanks.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Sheila.
    Josh
    Participant

Hey Sheila,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There isn’t a different header file that you would edit for our event views. It will be the same header as everywhere else. Since the additional buttons aren’t showing in that particular area of the header, my first guess would be that they were added, possibly via the functions.php file, with a conditional that doesn’t include the events pages.

For example, if “is_page” was used, then it wouln’t show on the calendar views. For this, you could add the “tribe_is_event_query” conditional to ensure the additions show.

If this was added directly to a header.php file, with the customizations done by the former developer they could have created a new header within the theme “header-____.php” that would need to also be customized.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘where to edit header’ is closed to new replies.