Where to buy .staging; .dev; .test TLDs

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Where to buy .staging; .dev; .test TLDs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stuart
    Participant

I’m trying to get my staging site set up and not have to move my license back and forth between sites.

This articles says I need a very specific TLD.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

My question is where can I buy one of these?

Thanks,
    Stuart

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for reaching out! What a great question you have there! I guess this has some people wondering too.

. staging, .test and .dev are top level domains which are not for sale. (I believe .dev is available for pre-registration at some places.)

This is more if you set up a local environment on your PC and set it up to be accessible under the domain mypc.dev (or whateverdomain.dev). In a windows PC you usually do that in your hosts file.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers,
    Andras

Stuart
    Participant

Thanks András,

I went ahead and upgraded my license to a business as I wanted my staging site to be on a server (as opposed to my laptop). I need to easily collaborate with my team in various parts of the world before deploying site configurations.

I thought moving the one key back forth, while doable, would get tedious.

I do wish the personal license allowed for at least a second testing site that was a subdomain of the live site (which is how I configured mine). If there is a way to do that without buying the business license, please let me know.

Many thanks and cheers!
    Stuart

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for getting back to me on this topic.

I agree with you, if you need to move the key around a lot, that can get tedious. Though I believe we are not releasing updates that often that it would get too annoying and usually we tend to release updates to all our plugins at once. A business license is a way to go for sure.

Yesterday we had a longer discussion in the team about what is allowed and what is not, and at the moment subdomains are not in the allowed bunch. Though this might be a good idea so we will be looking into this.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Cheers,
    Andras

Stuart
    Participant

Dear András,

Thanks for bringing this to your team and for looking into this.

I hope you have a great day!

Stuart

Andras
    Keymaster

Sure thing Stuart.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Where to buy .staging; .dev; .test TLDs’ is closed to new replies.