Where to add people attending

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Where to add people attending

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

Ok. so if someone buys 4 tickets, they are obviously for other people, where does the purchaser list all the persons attending the event, there needs to be a way for the purchaser to receive an email with 4 tickets with the corrent names per ticket?

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

Currently we don’t support that feature, but our development team is working on a Feature very similar to this one that will be released later down the road.

If you want to create this feature yourself, it’s possible, with a good developer in hand of course, if you need a contact for a hirable developer you should shoot an email to “[email protected]” requesting list of freelancers that we keep for that kind of occasion.

My Best Regards,

Nicholas
    Participant

Hi Gustavo Bordoni,
    Do you know when “later down the road” might be?
    Could you provide a rough estimate of how much it would cost for a freelance developer to build this functionality in, or could you provide some very rough guidance as to how it would be achieved?

I can see that for each ticket purchased, an entry is created in wp_posts, and that in wp_postmeta, you attributing the billing and shipping name to the post.

Appreciate your help!

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

Unfortunately I don’t have an ETA for this Feature to be released, because this depends on the work of too many people.

I cannot provide you with an estimate because I don’t have access to any of these contacts of the freelancers, that is why you need to shoot an email.

To make the Support Team job of organizing the Forum, it would be awesome if you could request that information, with a little bit more details on what you want to accomplish, and on a new topic a Support Team member might be able to help you with more technical information on how to accomplish, but keep in mind that we cannot provide you with the full solution since it’s a complex feature you will need a experienced developer to help you with that.

My Best regards,

Nicholas
    Participant

That’s okay, I stayed up late last night and have build a solution myself – through the use of woocommerce template overrides so that if a new version of woocommerce is released, the modifications are not affected.

When purchasing tickets, upon checkout, the person must enter name and email for each ticket holder, which then gets attributed to the order through use of postmeta.

I have then altered the admin screens to render this wp_postmeta for the ticket that it applies to (rather than showing the order’s billing first name, last name etc).

I’m not sure if it’s the best way of implementation, however it’s all I could think of without doing larger scale modifications.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

That is wonderful, if you want me to review that code, just post it on t gist.github.com and I can take a look and see if there is anything I would recommend changing.

I’m glad that you solved your issue, just let me know. Afterwards I will close this thread because it’s not active anymore.

My Best Regards,

ostiiananda
    Participant

Hi Gustavo & Nicholas

I have a similar problem for registration when someone is paying for 3 or 4 people and am surprised this is not a standard part of a premium plugin like this one.

I would love the code snippet if you are happy to supply it.

Thanks
    Ostii

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Where to add people attending’ is closed to new replies.