Where or How to change the size of the ticket image to thumbnail?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Where or How to change the size of the ticket image to thumbnail?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

I would love to have my images automatically resized when adding them to new tickets (wp thumbnail/featured image sizing). My event’s are almost entire club promotions and flyers can get big and long.

I’ve looked through the code for woo-tickets plugin and didn’t see where the image upload was handled or inserted. I searched on the forum and looked through the knowledgebase for an answer. But hey, paid for this to get the support so I’ll sit back and let you guys point me in the right direction!

Thanks, love the product!

(css won’t work as these images come in sometimes at print dimensions, so superficial resizing would only be just that)

Josh
    Participant

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Happy to help get you pointed in the right direction!

For clarification, are you referring to the header ticket image that you can upload when creating new tickets for events (https://cloudup.com/cMO9hS3OURY). If so, it sounds like you’re wanting to change the output of the image in the ticket that gets emailed to the customer to be the thumbnail rather than the full-size image?

Thanks!

Patrick
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply:

To answer your question, yes, but also the image that gets uploaded when creating the ticket. So not JUST the image in the email, but the (same) image on the ticket sale page.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Patrick,

No problem. To update the image in the ticket email, you’ll need to follow our Themer’s Guide to copy the ticket -> email.php file from the views folder within the core Events Calendar plugin into your theme. You can then select the image size you would like to use by modifying the size on line 254 (https://cloudup.com/cV5qYy2FkDZ) from “full” to whatever image size you would like to display there.

For the event, you’ll want to copy the single-event.php file into your theme and modify the same size setting from line 55 of that file.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Patrick
    Participant

Josh, thanks a bunch for pointing me there. As a developer I’m sure you can appreciate how much time it saves knowing which files and which lines to jump to instead of hunting them down, so really extra thanks for that. Modern Tribe’s products have saved me more time than the plugins cost several times over.

Keep up the good work!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Patrick,

No problem! and I definitely can appreciate the time savings. Many times the biggest hurdles can be just figuring out where to look for what you’re wanting to modify.

Also, thanks for the encouragement! It’s always great to get positive feedback 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Where or How to change the size of the ticket image to thumbnail?’ is closed to new replies.