Where is the event price textbox ?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Where is the event price textbox ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stefano
    Participant

Hello,

I have installed both Events Calendar PRO and Events Ticket Plus.
    At the moment I would like to publish the price of events without giving the possibility to the users of purchasing it directly. I cannot find anymore the textbox for the price in the administration page for events. Is it related to the installation of Event Ticket Plus ?

Thanks in advance.

Courtney

Hi Stefano

Because you are using Event Tickets Plus, this field automatically hides itself as it is covered when you add a ticket.

However – we’ve got a workaround.

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/display-the-event-cost-field-when-ticket-plugins-are-installed/ is an extension that will force this to show.

Can you install this and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Stefano
    Participant

Hello Courtney,

I can confirm you that now, after the installation of the extension, the price shows up. I have the impression anyway that it is not more visualized in the same way it was before. Please, see the attached image for clarification.
    Is there a way to control the appearance of the price (for instance: it is possible to move it in a new line and highlight it with bold style) ?

Thank you,

Stefano

Courtney

Hi Stefano

We’re limited in helping with styling customizations, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

But a few tips to help you carry this further include:

1. Start by modifying what you can at Appearance » Customize » The Events Calendar.
    2. We generally don’t recommend that you change the theme or plugin’s CSS files directly, as they will be overwritten. To avoid this, follow the steps outlined in Themer’s Guide
    3. Use overriding CSS files, or add CSS to your site using Appearance » Customize » Additional CSS.
    4. Use !important before a semicolon to override every css rule. It’s a brute force method, but works for quick fixes.
    5. Please check out this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video in addition to our Using Chrome Developer Tools tutorial on how to easily make changes using CSS.

It is possible, but will need a bit of work on your end to see through. Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Stefano
    Participant

Hello Courtney,

I will certainly follow your instructions about styling, thank you.

I have still anyway a problem with the visualization of prices after the installation of the ‘display-the-event-cost-field-when-ticket-plugins-are-installed’ extension.

This event

Corso di inglese con approfondimenti tecnico commerciali per la professione

shows both the price and the word ‘Gratuito’, that means ‘Free’ (see attached image). We have created a ticket for this event but we do not want the customer to be able to buy it on the website.

Is there a way of making the word ‘Gratuito’ disappear in cases like this ?

TIA

Courtney

Hi Stefano

Unfortunately, we don’t have a way to achieve that. The cost that shows at the top is the range of all ticket prices of that event. Could you create this event without a ticket?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Where is the event price textbox ?’ is closed to new replies.