Where is the complete file(s) for the events advanced list widget?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Where is the complete file(s) for the events advanced list widget?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

I see the file for the “output” of the widgets (ie. events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php) but where can I find the rest of it’s widget template? I’d like to customize a bit with the widget header area and remove the “view all events” from below the event list output.

Rob

Have you checked the ‘lib’ folder in PRO? If I understand what you’re trying to do correctly you should be able to in widget-advanced-list.class.php.

Greg
    Participant

I looked in that file but it didn’t look like it had all of the elements for the widget. Could it also be in “widget-list.class.php” in the regular plugin? Does the pro version pull from BOTH of the files? Also, is this another case where I make my modifications and then place the new files in the “events” folder in my theme? Or will that not work the same way as the other templates? For example, the “View all events” link, with the class of “dig-in” seems to only be in the regular “widget-list.class.php” file. I’d rather not make changes to core files so if this is not a case in which I can override the file by placing it in the “events” folder in my theme I’ll figure out another solution.

Greg
    Participant

Ok, so what I’m finding is that you guys really did a great job with the code of this plugin, lol. I was able to override the css styles of that “dig-in” class to give it a clickable background image (getting rid of the view all events text with a simple “text-indent:-9999em;” declaration. Then I simply set the “dig-in” class as absolute positioning to get my new image link to display at the top of the widget.

The only negative so far with this plugin is the inability to easily call custom fields created in the plugin. The “_ecp_custom_1″ thing is a bit odd. Here is how I’m pulling in an example of a custom field:

$room=”_ecp_custom_1”;
    if(get_post_meta($post->ID, $room, true)):
    echo get_post_meta($post->ID, $room, true);
    endif;

Other than that, this is a really nice plugin and easily customizable.

Rob

🙂 Awesome to hear you’ve figured this out, Greg. Thanks for the words – our developers will be happy to hear it. I know we’re improving the custom field experience a bit for the 2.1 release, so my guess is that item you’ve reported will be tackled then.

If anything else comes up or if you’re looking to do anything that may be confusing, give us a shout and we’ll do what we can. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Where is the complete file(s) for the events advanced list widget?’ is closed to new replies.