When updating Modern Tribe Plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events When updating Modern Tribe Plugin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rdall
    Participant

Hi Tribe
    I have created a custom theme for my Modern Tribe site. Now it doesn’t do anything fancy. We just removed a few things we didn’t need and moved a few things around. Thus needing our own theme.
    I also did my own theming for WooCommerce and one thing I really liked about WooCommerce is that when you update you can see which template have had changes made to them. See Screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/2g2m3P3l052a
    This would prevent a lot of questions on regarding whether or not the update will break the custom template and which template files have changed (in the default version) from the previous version to this version.
    When updating the Modern Tribe Plugin I wish we could see this. It would reduce the anxiety of updating (even on a staging site) and we the website mangers and operates could find what needs to be changed and why.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help you answer your questions.

So you are saying WooCommerce Provides a list of templates changed on every release?

We do not have that list included.

For The Events Calendar you could check out the GitHub Page and it shows when files were last updated, that may help you out:

https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/tree/develop/views

Unfortunately, the rest of the plugins are all private so that information is not public on GitHub.

I think it is a good idea though to include that list to help people know where they may have to change customizations and bring it up with the support team.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Just wanted to give you a quick update. I brought this up in our meeting and we going to provide a list of templates that have changed when we release a new version of the plugin. So look for that in the next release. Thanks for the suggestion!

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘When updating Modern Tribe Plugin’ is closed to new replies.