When Saved Venue is Selected it clears all venue info

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO When Saved Venue is Selected it clears all venue info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shawntarlo
    Participant

Just recently we have started to have an issue when creating an event. When you are going through and creating the event and you select “Use Saved Venue” and pick one it appears to work fine. When you update the page/event the venue however clears out and returns to the blank “Select an Option” text. Not only that but that Venue in which you previously selected disappears from the drop down menu.

Additionally it seems to be wiping out that selected menu all together except for the URL. The description, title, address, etc all disappear… any ideas what in the world could be causing this?

We haven’t added any plugins or upgraded anything on the site.

shawntarlo
    Participant

selected venue*

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey shawntarlo,

I’m so sorry that we haven’t lived up to our promised level of support for you. While there may be reasons, there’s really no excuse. I am going to assign this to one of our team members who will get back to you tomorrow. We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

– Julie

Brook
    Participant

Howdy shawntarlo,

Like Julie said we are very sorry we were not able to get back to you in a timely manner. We do only guarantee a response within 48 hours, but usually it is nowhere near this close to the end of that window. We just have had a lot more traffic than usual.

I just thoroughly tested this, and that is definitely not a bug I am experiencing on a stock install. When I select a venue, it stays selected no matter how many times I press update. That narrows it down to something unique about your site.

If you are interested in getting this resolved quickly, could you also run through some diagnostic steps for me? First, could you try temporarily activating the default 2013 theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it, we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have any theme overrides for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ‘tribe-events-bak’. Did that fix it?

If the issue persists in the default 2013 theme, then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the 2013 theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try reenabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

If you narrowed it down to a conflict with a plugin or your theme, would you mind letting me know which one was causing the problem? It is possible I might even be able to help you fix it. I would need to be able to login to your administration area with a user that has permissions to add events. If you would like to create a test account for me to do that, after following the above steps, I would be happy to inspect things.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, or clarify anything. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘When Saved Venue is Selected it clears all venue info’ is closed to new replies.