When I create events I cannot set the date to any day after today

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events When I create events I cannot set the date to any day after today

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    7iber
    Participant

Locally its working fine for me but on the live server its not, I can send further information on what plugins are installed if we need that. Basically the problem is that the datepicker is disabled for future dates so I can only create event that happen in the past on today!

Barry

Oh, that’s a shame.

It’s not a problem either of us see, by the sounds of it, except for on this particular live server you referenced – so it certainly sounds like a conflict.

Can you deactivate all other plugins and switch to a default theme and see if that resolves this (then reactivate one at a time, testing at each stage to see what is triggering this situation) or, conversely, set up exactly the same plugins and theme on your local server and try the same steps there?

Thanks!

7iber
    Participant

Currently it is not possible for me to turn anything off on the live site, I don’t think the theme has anything to do with it because its happening in the dashboard where you create the events not on the page where they are showed.
    One thing to check before we think about turning things off, when I check the license key on the live site it gives me a “Sorry, this key is out of installs” What does that mean? I’ve only used it on the live site? Could it be confusing the site with my local copy?

Barry

I don’t think the theme has anything to do with it because its happening in the dashboard where you create the events not on the page where they are showed.

It could still be the theme, I’m afraid: themes commonly also add their own option within the admin environment – whether to existing screens or by creating new ones – and even if they don’t they may unintentionally add scripts and stylesheets intended for the frontend to the admin environment, so it’s well worth considering this.

I do appreciate it can be hard to do this on a live site, but in that case if you could set up a test installation and try to replicate and then troubleshoot there that would be the best path forward.

One thing to check before we think about turning things off, when I check the license key on the live site it gives me a “Sorry, this key is out of installs” What does that mean? I’ve only used it on the live site? Could it be confusing the site with my local copy?

That shouldn’t affect this, but the first step would be to check out the license key management page. Clear out (disconnect) any unused URLs then try to add your license key again.

Thanks!

7iber
    Participant

Again I’m sorry for taking so much time, before we go into that. I checked the source for the create new event page and the datepicker function is this:
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    jQuery(‘.datepicker’).datepicker({
    dateFormat : ‘yy-mm-dd’,
    maxDate : 0,
    showButtonPanel : true,
    showWeek : true,
    showOn: ‘both’,
    buttonText : ”,
    buttonImage : ‘http://7iber.org/wp-content/plugins/statpress-visitors/images/smoothness/calendar.png’
    });
    Which means that the datepicker is maxed to today’s date, any ideas why?

Barry

I’m not sure that that is being generated by our plugin:

buttonImage : ‘http://7iber.org/wp-content/plugins/statpress-visitors/images/smoothness/calendar.png’

Can you try deactivating Statpress Visitors and see if that is still present?

7iber
    Participant

I turned off statpress and it fixed it! Thanks a lot, I guess I’ll be finding another module to monitor my visits 🙂

Barry

Glad you figured it out 🙂

As an aside, if you have a moment, we’d love to hear your thoughts on your experience with The Events Calendar so far 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘When I create events I cannot set the date to any day after today’ is closed to new replies.