When hovering on event title – can’t mouse over the tooltip!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO When hovering on event title – can’t mouse over the tooltip!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Seale
    Participant

When I hover over an event title, the tool tip pops up, but I can’t move the mouse over the tooltip without it disappearing?! I can’t figure it out.

The site is a subsite of a multisite network. But I have other calendars working fine on the same multisite with the same theme.

Under the license section it also says theres an update but says I’m out of installs?! I don’t get that since I just paid for it the other day.

You can find it here: thebizzbuzz.ca

It also says that

Please help!

Ryan

Ryan Seale
    Participant

UPDATE:

The page I’m having issues on is the homepage, which is using a calendar shortcode. When I view /events to the standard calendar, The tool tip doesn’t disappear like the homepage shortcode calendar. However, the tooltip still doesn’t link to the individual event page at all. Does this have something to do with the licensing of the plugin on my new multisite network?

I’m really stumped, but I think it’s worth noting that the shortcode tool tip doesnt work and the regular calendar works. But not perfectly.

Help!

Trisha

Hi, Ryan!

Thanks for reaching out! I understand your concern regarding the apparent licensing issues but rest assured that your license is valid and in good shape.

We recently moved our licensing infrastructure to its own server and have been working out some of the kinks on that. I’ll look into your case a bit further to see when you can expect a resolution.

As far as the tooltips issues go, that is in no way related to the licensing problem. I was able to replicate the behavior on my local install using the twenty sixteen theme. There is definitely a javascript related positioning issue that is manifesting itself on the shortcode generated version of the calendar.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a resolution for you at this time. As a workaround, this knowledgebase article may help. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-make-your-calendar-your-sites-home-page/

I’m going to log this as a bug and mark this conversation as ‘Pending Fix’ so that you will get notified when that happens. I can’t make any promises as to how long that will take as the process for triage, debugging, coding and QA can take some time.

I did try a few things to see if I could fix it locally but was unsuccessful. I’ll continue to play with it and will update you here if I have any success.

If you have any other questions or input feel free let me know! I’m happy to help!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Ryan Seale
    Participant

Hi Trisha,

Any developments on this? I’m due to present the site to the client tomorrow at 11am and am in a total bind with this tooltip issue.

An update would be great. Thanks for all your help thus far.

Cheers,

Ryan

Trisha

Hi Ryan,

I don’t have anything new to report at this time.I did log a ticket for this so it will be addressed at some point although I can’t say how long it will take.

It is worth noting that being able to click a link within the tooltip is not default behavior for the plugin (without modifications), it is meant to be strictly informational. I do understand the frustration though and we will be sure and update this conversation when a fix is made.

Cheers,
    Trisha

Ryan Seale
    Participant

Just checking in 🙂 Any news on this?? Thanks!

Barry

Hi Ryan,

I’m sorry to say we haven’t started work on this yet, due to a number of pieces of work that were of a higher priority.

This forum topic has been linked to our internal bug report, though, and we’ll be sure to update you once the fix ships.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-6-may-2018/

We apologize for the long delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘When hovering on event title – can’t mouse over the tooltip!’ is closed to new replies.