When copying templates to theme folder – is that to be with folder structure?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO When copying templates to theme folder – is that to be with folder structure?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vbt
    Participant

I followed the instructions to copy the temeplate files to my theme folder. But what is not clear from the Theamer Guide is, if I should copy the folder structure as well. I did copy the templates within their original folders. Because those templates have identical names.

My .css in that same folder underneath my theme folder does work so I guess the setup should be correct.

I then tried to fiddle a bit with some settings and nothing happend so I wonder what I am doing wrong.

vbt
    Participant

Ok, I guess this part in the Theamer Guide infers that I should copy the original folder structure:

—————–
    Here’s how it’s done
    Copy /wp-content/plugins/events/views/list/single-event.php to your-theme/tribe-events/list/single-event.php (replace “your-theme” with the name of your theme)

Edit your-theme/tribe-events/list/single-event.php, and add the following underneath the venue details:

Organized by:

Save, and you’re done!
    —————–

However, my issue remains, edits I do on templates in the new location do not get done on my website. But edits I do on the original files, do change the my website.

What am I missing?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, vbt. I’m sorry that you’re finding the directions in the Themer’s Guide confusing.

First, have you tried refreshing your browser cache. Sometimes that can yield results. Perhaps it would also be helpful if you pasted the folder paths in your (child) theme for the overrides so I could see if there’s anything wonky there.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘When copying templates to theme folder – is that to be with folder structure?’ is closed to new replies.