What version do I need to downgrade to?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO What version do I need to downgrade to?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alicia
    Participant

We upgraded to The Events Calendar Pro 3.0 and our calendar crashed. We deactivated pro and downgraded per the instructions and also installed the downgrade script/plugin to no avail. Our entire blog crashes when we try to activate the downgraded version (2.0). Please outline the steps necessary to downgrade and bring our calendar back up. Our calendar should be seen here: http://atlantamoms.com/blog/events/

We are using Thesis 1.8. Anytime we try to reactivate The Events Calendar Pro, the blog (http://www.atlantamoms.com/blog) crashes.

We have 5,922 events that are still showing in our ‘events calendar database’ in our WordPress admin and need them back up asap.

Statuses in our plugin dashboard
    “The Events Calendar 3.0.3” – active
    “The Events Calendar Pro” – not active
    “The Events Calendar – Downgrade From 3.0” – active

Thank you

Barry

Hi Alicia,

So as per the steps outlined here you would need to remove your 3.x versions and replace them with 2.0.11 (for both the core and PRO plugins) and then run the downgrade script.

Does that clarify things?

Alicia
    Participant

Thank you… I won’t lose the 5,000+ event entries when completely removing the versions?

Barry

If you follow the instructions outlined in the FAQ I linked to you should not lose any data.

With that said, we can’t offer any absolute guarantees and as ever it’s important that you take the time to make a complete backup (and understand how to restore that backup) before doing anything like this – so that if disaster does strike you are in a position to recover.

Alicia
    Participant

We got the calendar back up. Deleting both plugins and reinstalling worked.. all 5,000+ events are back up! I would LOVE to know when The Events Calendar (PRO) will be compatible with Thesis. We would really like to take advantage of the Map and Photo layouts and other features of the newer version of the plugin.

Barry

Hi Alicia,

We appreciate there are quite a few Thesis users out there and understand that better support for Thesis would be desirable – right now though we’re focusing on solidifying things post-3.0 release but hopefully at some future point we’ll be able to look into Thesis integration and perhaps build a set of tutorials go guide people.

In the meantime, thanks for your continued support 🙂 … since it sounds like you’re all good for the time being I’ll go ahead and close this thread.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘What version do I need to downgrade to?’ is closed to new replies.