What level of user can update the calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions What level of user can update the calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Judi Dressler

Hello,

We want to add a calendar to our church website, that will be for events which are of interest to our church community. These events will then be added by ANY member of our community, The people adding these events will not have admin access to the website; probably they will be at the Subscriber level.

My question therefore is, what level of login into the WordPress admin area is required to add and update events in your “The Events Calendar” calendar? Can it be at a Subscriber or Contributer level?

Thank you very much for your answer,
    Judi

George
    Participant

Hey Judi!

By default, Subscriber will not be able to post or edit events in the admin. They’ll be able to edit their own user profile and…that’s about it 🙂

Contributors, by default, will be able to post new events, but not update ones that exist in the admin already.

So perhaps adding “edit” capabilities to the “Contributor” role is your best option here – if so, then there are two ways to do this. One is with code, which is a pretty granular change to make, but you can also just use the famous “Members” plugin from Justin Tadlock to manually edit the “Contributor” role and allow them to edit events as well: https://wordpress.org/plugins/members/

Just some ideas here – let me know what you think and if there’s anything more I can help with!

George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘What level of user can update the calendar’ is closed to new replies.