What is the page ID for the calendar?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO What is the page ID for the calendar?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    corey
    Participant

I’m trying to do some custom menu’s to fix the “Calendar of events” bug in Headway themes but it requires me knowing what the page ID is. When I look at the page in firebug it sows the page id to be blank, while all other pages do have a specific wordpress page ID.

corey
    Participant

Err… “Shows” not sows:) Too much coffee.

Rob

Hi Corey. I thought we had a previous thread where a user asked about this and we helped them out, but I can’t seem to find it. As such I’ve asked Jonah to respond.

corey
    Participant

Cool thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Corey, I don’t believe there is a page ID because the plugin creates sort of a pseudo page. I’ll have one of the other devs take a look at this and comment because I’m not positive.

Rob: I think this is the thread you were looking for: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-changing-nav-menu

corey
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Jonah,

I’ll see if there’s some alternative way to customize a page in Headway without using the page-id but I’m pretty sure that’s the only way to do it. I’ll throw up the question in the Headway forums. Please let me know if you think of an alternative.

Thanks again!

Jonah
    Participant

You’re welcome. Well you could try by post_type which would be ‘tribe_events’ and/or some combination of conditional logic to check whether it’s the calendar grid, the events list or single events. Here is some conditional code that may help with that:

if(tribe_is_month()) { //Calendar Grid

} else if(tribe_is_event() && !tribe_is_day() && !is_single()) { //Event List

} else { //Single Event

}

corey
    Participant

Hey Jonah,

I’m not sure if this will work in the css editor in Headway but I’ll check with them and see if I can use it someway.

Thanks again

Rob

Cool, thanks Corey. Let us know. This will become a non-issue once we change to our new templating approach for 2.1, but in the interim…

corey
    Participant

Thanks Rob
    Looks like using body.custom.pageslug-calendar-of-events {
    }
    In the live-css editor will do the trick.

Rob

Awesome to hear. So sounds like you’re all set? Let me know if not. Otherwise have a great one.

Joey Kudish

Hi,

There’s a number of different ways to target the pages generated by the plugin using css. Glad to hear you found one of them Corey!

As Rob mentioned, the issue of not having a page ID will be solved in 2.1 as we plan to make the page a real page rather than a “pseudo-page”.

Cheers,
    Joey

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘What is the page ID for the calendar?’ is closed to new replies.