What is the maximum number of events that can be added

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions What is the maximum number of events that can be added

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tom

What is the maximum number of events that can be added

George
    Participant

Hey Tom,

There’s technically no upper limit to the amount of events you can add – however, if your site is accumulating more than a few hundred events per month, then from there onwards the performance of the calendar and your site in general will begin to suffer.

Let me know if this information is helpful or not – if you find it too vague, then my apologies for that! Elaborate a bit on what your concerns are and what use case you’re curious about and I’ll happily try to offer some more detail and some specific advice for your needs.

Thanks!
    George

Tom

Hi

I am curious as to what the limiting factors are – is it hosting, WordPress or the plugin itself.

Thanks

Tom

George
    Participant

Hey Tom,

It’s mostly a combination of hosting and the plugin itself, not really WordPress per se. Regardless of hosting, the plugin at this time will not handle an event load of, for example, 2,000 events per month very well at all, regardless of hosting. However, if you have a good hosting setup, then several hundred events per month may take a second or two to load but then work well once loaded.

We see a wide range of use cases and as long as hosting is decent and you’re not adding some obscene amount of events, performance should remain reasonably good.

Two things to note here are that we are working hard on performance improvements for future releases, and also that if you buy a License for one of our products but find it not performant enough for your site, we can issue a refund immediately within 30 days of your purchase date – just wanted to share that in case you’re afraid of trying the plugin and wasting money! We encourage folks to try the plugin directly and you can definitely take it for a spin yourself if you have the time.

I hope the information I’ve been sharing here helps 🙂

Cheers,
    George

Tom

Thanks George for your comprehensive answer.

Much appreciated.

I have added the plugin to a site that is not a heavy user to test it out looks good.

I assume old events must be deleted.

Is there a method to use a form rather than showing an email address.

Thanks Again

What Add-ons are there?

Best Regards,

Tom

George
    Participant

Hey Tom,

To address things in reverse order, you can find all the official add-ons right here on http://theeventscalendar.com – explore the products and check out their product pages for more info!

Next, you write this:

I assume old events must be deleted.

I’m not sure what you mean, but no, in general you don’t have to delete events from something to install The Events Calendar unless you find them to conflict with The Events Calendar or something.

Finally:

Is there a method to use a form rather than showing an email address.

What do you mean by this?

Thanks!
    George

Tom

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.

What I mean is – if I add an event to the plugin and the date of the event passes – I assume that I need to then delete these ‘old events’?

For the second part – when an event is added, there is an option to display the email address of the organiser.

Can a form be added instead.

Best Regards,

Tom

George
    Participant

No need to delete Old Events Tom, none at all. If you’d like to – you certainly can. But unless you’re dealing with thousands and thousands of events and want to delete passed events in an effort to improve performance, there is no need to delete old events.

As for adding a form instead of the email address, you mean a contact form to the organizer instead of just showing the email address? If so, this is possible, but not a default feature “out-of-the-box”, so you’d have to custom-build it yourself or hire a customizer to do so for you: https://theeventscalendar.com/find-a-customizer

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘What is the maximum number of events that can be added’ is closed to new replies.