What Is The Ideal Hosting Environment For Events Calendar Pro and Event Tickets+

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO What Is The Ideal Hosting Environment For Events Calendar Pro and Event Tickets+

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ignitedbytruthadmin
    Participant

I have a client that’s been using The Event Calendar Pro and Events Tickets Plus for two years now. Their constant complaint is speed. Especially when trying to scan QR ticket codes at an event. We moved them from a mid-level shared hosting account to a “pro” business level account but the performance is still terrible.

The client reports a average 90 second response time when scanning a ticket QR code at an event. With 3000 attendees trying to enter the event, it became a nightmare.

So I’m recommending we move to a Virtual Private Server level hosting account. We would have access to 4GB of RAM and 4 CPU cores. I’m hoping that will radically improve response times.

What it the ideal hosting server configuration to make Events Calendar and Tickets Plus really sing?

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for the detailed message and sorry to hear of such troubles.

We’re aware of the slow QR scanning, and we’re currently working on our own dedicated scanner that should improve scanning performance: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/11304501-develop-an-android-and-ios-app-for-qr-code-scannin

Please add your vote there to keep in-the-know about its progress and let me know here if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘What Is The Ideal Hosting Environment For Events Calendar Pro and Event Tickets+’ is closed to new replies.