What is searchable?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar What is searchable?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Derek Brown
    Participant

Hey,

Quick question. When I am using the search bar, what parts of the event is searchable. I assume Title and description.

And is there a way to make venue searchable, so when someone searches for a venue, they can see events at that venue.

Thank you for any help,
    Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

You are correct, when using the search bar, the results that come up are only related to the title and description of the event.

You can expand your search options using the Filter Bar plugin, which I see that you already have.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Derek Brown
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt response.

By using the filter bar, it does make it possible to search by location separate from the search bar, but is their a way to make venues appear when someone uses the search bar to type ‘Central Park’ for example.

If not, I had the idea to include the venue data in the description but to hide with CSS?

Hi Derek,

Unfortunately there is not a way to include the venue in the Search Bar, however you can definitely try to include the venue data in the description and hide it with CSS.

Please note that support for customizations is limited as stated in our support policy.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to achieve the results that you are looking for.

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Derek Brown
    Participant

Thank you!

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘What is searchable?’ is closed to new replies.